Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NAD: Sometimes Horsetrading Can Reap Great Rewards. BOGNER CS ATMA HEAD/CAB

RobB

Typical excellent Bogner build quality and attention to detail. The amp features 3, footswitchable channels. Clean has a volume and single tone control. Crunch and solo share the Treb/Mid/Bass and gain control with separate volumes. Crunch channel has an additional gain knob on the back panel to adjust rhythm tone verses the solo mode. 

Two more nifty features are switchable attenuation of 18/5/1watts and a vintage/modern switch, which brings in a silicone diode rectifier for tighter metal tones. 

• 1 month later...

Played with a new drummer at Greg’s Garage in Campbell, CA. Opened up the Atma at stage volume. What a kickass little rig. Combined with my Prototype this is the most sounds I’ve squeezed out of an amp. The clean channel was in BF territory and sounded killer with the split single coils. The OD/Solo channels brought the pain. That oversized, Bogner cube sounded big and tight.

The Proto can go from Andy Summers, “schlaaaaannngle”, to a raging humbucker instantly. We mostly improvised the whole afternoon, and it was a blast experimenting with all the different sounds available. This guitar was perfect for the early 80s, yet was very ahead of its time. Id like to find another someday. 

Gretsch Power Jet and an Edwards Strat. The PJ traded for what I originally purchased it for and the Edwards $100 less. Did pretty well on this one and left the shop walking tall rather than hunched over, clutching my anoos. 

24 minutes ago, RobB said:

Gretsch Power Jet and an Edwards Strat. The PJ traded for what I originally purchased it for and the Edwards $100 less. Did pretty well on this one and left the shop walking tall rather than hunched over, clutching my anoos. 

Good, for a second, I thought you traded your Splawn 😕

14 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Good, for a second, I thought you traded your Splawn 😕

Nah, it’s back at my crib. My VooDuValve pre/multi FX is being repaired, so the Competition is my home amp. The loop master is a great feature. Sounds killer but can’t compare to opening it up, LOUD, thru a slant cab. 

Archived