Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD Greg Vorobiov Duco Frost "Kimono Gold" Talladega

$3500 for double boxed shipping and insurance (US lower 48).   PayPal gift or you pay the fees.   This is not much more than I paid for it about 8-10 years ago.  Fairly priced,

Comes set up with installed humbuckers as well as the original DD pick ups and four way switch which could be parted out for $300.   No trades.

20190425_192014

No other Hamer like this.  The only Duco Frost Hamer ever produced. The finish was based on how some resonators were painted circa 1930. This really should have been in The Book. Jol said it took two tries to get it to work and there was no idea how the coating would fracture as it dried.  Somewhere there is a blog post of him making the concoction and spraying.  Maybe an HFCer can find it.  It took two tries to get it right.  Same process was applied to The Crow and you can see the process explained at The Danzig Guitars blog .  

This guitar is sonically and visually stunning. It is in amazing condition.  Greg V must have taken exceptional care.  I can't see anything but the tiniest fret wear on the first two frets.  No dings, nicks or scratches.  The case is like new. 

Big V neck.  I don't know how to measure it.  Weighs only 7.45 pounds. Humbuckers really resonate. Time to let it go. I am keeping the Jon Herington T Pro, my last Talladega and I am cutting down to 3-4 guitars.

See the PhotoBucket photo album.  Some of the finish is worn down to what maybe was a base coat.  The back of the neck looks like molten gold.  See  the photos.  Personally I think it looks better with the wear. 

Also comes with the original Double Ds and the four-way switch.  I don't know what brand of humbuckers are installed now.  You can hear both the Double Ds and the HBers in the product demos below.

Photo album    https://app.photobucket.com/u/Pieman_101/a/70319484-6d6d-448c-a750-308ee522e144

Audio Files with DDshttps://www.buddlejagarden.co.uk/hamertones/tallasnds.htm

Danzig Blog story:  http://www.buddlejagarden.co.uk/hamerblog/bldec07.htm   As I said  above, somewhere there is a story on how Jol mixed the paint with melted moth balls, humidity and temp controls, etc.  

Product demos:   In the second video, go to 4:12

WOW! Good luck with a quick sale. I REALLY like that finish, so cool.................."GOLDFINGER!" The finish almost looks like there are snowflakes in it. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay passed my budget line for a guitar at age 70 and with going to Hawaii next year. I actually got to play my first Talladega here at a music store in Minnesota that had one for sale, and they ARE a fine guitar! GGBx0RR.jpg

On 11/29/2022 at 11:36 AM, Pieman said:

$3500 for double boxed shipping and insurance (US lower 48).   PayPal gift or you pay the fees.   This is not much more than I paid for it about 8-10 years ago.  Fairly priced,

Comes set up with installed humbuckers as well as the original DD pick ups and four way switch which could be parted out for $300.   No trades.

PM sent. 

image.gif

• Pieman changed the title to SOLD Greg Vorobiov Duco Frost "Kimono Gold" Talladega

Archived