Hamer Fan Club Message Center

These new b3's have a very familiar look

G Man

IIRC, many thought Hamer overreached with their latter guitars, specifically the Talladega Pro that arguably attempted to clone a certain German guitar. In some ways, I think it was one of Hamer's best models. But coming out as late as it did and pricing it at $6k, even more in some limited custom configurations was a bit rich in 2008 or thereabouts, esp in the midst of the "Great Recession."

Good luck to them. At $7k+, I think they will need it.

6 hours ago, MCChris said:

A penny was always too much for any Baker guitar. Clumsily executed snake oil in its purest form.

I've got no complaints about mine...it is pretty much flawless.  Then again, there were other people involved besides Gene.

My Baker LP.jpg

30 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

I've got no complaints about mine...it is pretty much flawless.  Then again, there were other people involved besides Gene.

My Baker LP.jpg

That is SICK!

Gene is a friend of mine. I met him a few years back when I was looking at headless guitars. He had moved to Greensboro to help Keith Roscoe run his CMC machines. He gave me a tour of the Roscoe plant and let me play several of his headless models (I didn't play any of his traditional looking B3 models, but they are beautiful). We bonded over my playing some Sabbath riffs (he is also a huge fan). He came to see me play at Luigi's, and I hooked him up w/ some acoustic gigs there. I ended up getting a Kiesel Holdsworth model headless, only because it was more conservative looking and I was doing a lot of weddings and corporate solo gigs back then. He moved back to California a year or 2 ago, we keep in touch via Facebook. Not sure about some of the negative comments here about his guitars or skills, but he is a great dude.

1 hour ago, Brooks said:

Not sure about some of the negative comments here about his guitars or skills, but he is a great dude.

People criticizing others on the internet?  image.gif

On 12/8/2022 at 5:32 PM, cmatthes said:

My Baker LP.jpg

That....Is GORGEOUS!!!

Archived