• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice. I saw that pop up on reverb and realized what it was even though it wasn’t labeled as a triple threat.  Glad someone here scored it. Congrats.  I just scored a limited Hamer recently and can’t wait for delivery.  

• Like 2

2005 Limited run of 30 Studio Customs in conjunction with 3 dealers with 3 unique features :

1 piece Honduras mahogany neck with a fat carve 

17 degree headstock angle 

Brazilian RW fretboard 

There has been some debate as whether the third feature was the FB or vintage style TonePro bridge. Regardless, a very unique Hamer.

here's Joel's quote from the Hamer site at the time:

"I am pleased to unveil a very special limited edition model that I call the Triple Threat. It's named after the three most unique features of the guitar and is a reference to my three esteemed design collaborators at the dealerships that will exclusively offer this model this year. Each instrument is a little different—some tops are flat-sawn and some are quarter-sawn and all are under 8.5 lbs. In addition to our '59 burst, colors are Ic'd-T and Wash'd-T.

In order to capture a different timbre, we've employed a single element neck design crafted from aged honduras mahogany. To provide maximum stability we have used seasoned wood and allowed the finished necks to normalize for a long period before curving and fretting the Brazilian rosewood fingerboard.

The second bold feature is the 17 degree headstock angle which makes this instrument unique among modern Hamers.The final touch is the use of a TonePros AVR II vintage style bridge and matching TonePros tailpiece in cast zinc. All hardware is nickel finish."This was a very fun project with a great group of people, but when these are gone... that's all folks!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, currypowder said:

2005 Limited run of 30 Studio Customs in conjunction with 3 dealers with 3 unique features :

1 piece Honduras mahogany neck with a fat carve 

17 degree headstock angle 

Brazilian RW fretboard 

There has been some debate as whether the third feature was the FB or vintage style TonePro bridge. Regardless, a very unique Hamer.

here's Joel's quote from the Hamer site at the time:

"I am pleased to unveil a very special limited edition model that I call the Triple Threat. It's named after the three most unique features of the guitar and is a reference to my three esteemed design collaborators at the dealerships that will exclusively offer this model this year. Each instrument is a little different—some tops are flat-sawn and some are quarter-sawn and all are under 8.5 lbs. In addition to our '59 burst, colors are Ic'd-T and Wash'd-T.

In order to capture a different timbre, we've employed a single element neck design crafted from aged honduras mahogany. To provide maximum stability we have used seasoned wood and allowed the finished necks to normalize for a long period before curving and fretting the Brazilian rosewood fingerboard.

The second bold feature is the 17 degree headstock angle which makes this instrument unique among modern Hamers.The final touch is the use of a TonePros AVR II vintage style bridge and matching TonePros tailpiece in cast zinc. All hardware is nickel finish."This was a very fun project with a great group of people, but when these are gone... that's all folks!"

My understanding was always that the bridge was the 3rd threat. 

congrats on the score!  Pics and full tone report requested when you get it.