Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD / 2008 Hamer USA Studio, Natural, w/ OHSC, Lollar Low-wind Imperial Bridge P-up, COA

Mint 2008 Hamer USA Studio (natural), mahogany body / neck with gorgeous flame maple cap. Nice dark rosewood fretboard on this one. The neck is a little on the chunky side but not unwieldy.  Almost identical to my Hamer Korina Jr. and close to a Les Paul R8 NOS, but still comfortable to play. Flawless except for a few micro swirls that can only be seen by looking very closely. 

Neck Measurements:        Nut: 0.875  |  12th fret:  0.925   | 17th fret:  1.0

* Bridge pickup: Low-wind Lollar Imperial.

* Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan '59.

Peter Green arrangement with pickups out of phase when both are on. 

Asking: $1760 plus shipping ($170 USD to continental US / $100 within Canada)

+ + +

Feels and plays great, well balanced, nice bright, articulate tone. Sounds great clean with almost single-coil clarity but also handles pedals and heavy gain really well. Comes with its original hardshell case, also in great shape. Happy to ship anywhere in the continental US or Canada. I usually prefer to ship by Canada Post / USPS insured but if you have a preference for another carrier let me know and we can figure something out.

Buyer is responsible for any state taxes or import charges. However, since the guitar was manufactured in the US, import duty does not apply to US buyers repatriating US made guitars, you lucky people. And for any Canadian buyers, you're in luck, too, because I already paid the import duty, you lucky-lucky, people.

I gladly accept payment by bank to bank ACH transfer and can provide my USD banking details on request. I'm also able to accept payment by credit card (+3.5%), or Paypal (+3.5%). Unfortunately, Paypal's "friends and family" only works for US customers, you lucky-lucky, people-people. 

If you'd like some more photos or have any questions, message me anytime.

Thanks gang.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 3.56.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 3.57.44 PM.png

2 minutes ago, Hfan said:

Hard to believe a Studio from back then with a big fat neck. I like fat necks but my R8 is almost too much. Maybe a custom order?

This one could easily have been a custom order. I have an R8 NOS, Reissue as well and its neck profile is about as perfect as it gets for my style and comfort level. This one is very close, almost identical, and I'm not one of those guys with ape hands either. If you've ever played a Hamer Korina Jr., it's pretty much identical to that carve. 

1 hour ago, Hfan said:

Hard to believe a Studio from back then with a big fat neck. I like fat necks but my R8 is almost too much. Maybe a custom order?

My 2008 Newport Pro has chunky neck, so I believe it.

Isn't the 2000's vintage carve pretty hefty? I had a 2007 Standard; it was .88 at the first fret with big shoulders. With the shoulders, it felt as big as my R8 at .90.

BTW - I have an Imperial in the bridge of my Tally Pro. Excellent pickup!

6 minutes ago, atomicwash said:

Isn't the 2000's vintage carve pretty hefty? I had a 2007 Standard; it was .88 at the first fret with big shoulders. With the shoulders, it felt as big as my R8 at .90.

I suppose any degree of "heftiness" is subjective and really depends on the player and their own preferences. I'm not being cagy, I just haven't played or owned very many guitars with vintage carve necks so I don't really have anything to compare my Studio with other than the guitars I'm familiar with. I'll measure the neck at the 1st, 12th, and heel with a set of digital callipers and post the measurements later on today. 

1 hour ago, atomicwash said:

+1 to THAT. 

• Winter changed the title to FS / 2008 Hamer USA Studio, Natural, w/ OHSC, Lollar Low-wind Imperial Bridge P-up, COA
  • Winter changed the title to SOLD / 2008 Hamer USA Studio, Natural, w/ OHSC, Lollar Low-wind Imperial Bridge P-up, COA

Archived