Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Did Anybody Here Snag This Today At DGS?

crunchee

That must have been quick.  I was looking over the site as I recently got a quote for some gear I'm considering parting with. The trade amounts were much more appealing.  But I don't recall seeing that. 

I contacted a few places to get some estimates, including DGS.  One person (not at DGS) told me the market for Hamers goes up and down and kind of gave me a meh range.  I'm thinking if I could find that guitar for that price I'd jump on it all over again.  Same with the G&L offer, incidentally.  

8 hours ago, TBP said:

I contacted a few places to get some estimates, including DGS.  One person (not at DGS) told me the market for Hamers goes up and down and kind of gave me a meh range.  I'm thinking if I could find that guitar for that price I'd jump on it all over again.  Same with the G&L offer, incidentally.  

yeah, I'm a bit surprised at that price myself.  It's significantly cheaper than I've seen similar Specials going for on Reverb lately.  I've got a 93 like that one in more "player grade" condition that I was planning to list at about the same price.  I guess we'll see if mine moves when the time comes, or if it sits there with nothing but tire kickers like my Eclipse is doing.

1 hour ago, Jim85IROC said:

yeah, I'm a bit surprised at that price myself.  It's significantly cheaper than I've seen similar Specials going for on Reverb lately.  I've got a 93 like that one in more "player grade" condition that I was planning to list at about the same price.  I guess we'll see if mine moves when the time comes, or if it sits there with nothing but tire kickers like my Eclipse is doing.

Yeah.  It's not giving a lot of incentive so far, especially compared to new guitar pricing.  So far I am a bit surprised that the DGS offer isn't far from that of the local Sam Ash, and I've yet to hear back from CME or an area boutique for my fancy acoustic.  But it makes forum classifieds like this more appealing.  If I decide to let my Hamer go for that low I'll put it here first.

But I rediscovered an amp. I've had a Fender Pro Jr in the basement for years, bumped when I bought a hand-wired tweed Champ style.  I figured I should check if it works. Brought it up, tried it out with my PRS Mira and Hamer Artist (neither of which I had when I last used the amp), and didn't remember its sounding that good. So given the chances of finding anything nearly as good for the offered $150-250, I'm thinking it would be silly to let go.

Archived