Hamer Fan Club Message Center

3 Sunbursts on eBay today.

8 hours ago, Joe mama said:

screw it , im grabbing them bastards .. when am I gonna see them again?

I think if you're willing to pay $5,000 for a Sunburst, you'll see about 100 of them magically appear for sale here.  

I'm sure you'd even receive a few "advance sale" emails.  

On 3/16/2023 at 11:20 AM, kizanski said:

For 15 grand they'd better throw in another two or three Sunbursts.

Yeah I would think so regarding that price. Those are all fine guitars but 15K worth? ............NOPE!

The seller put an asking price on those guitars, but there is a "Make Offer" option.  Find out what kind of offer will be accepted.  If the seller will not go below $14,998 then let it go. 

I want the trio.  I cannot buy them even at normal prices.  End of story. 

27 minutes ago, Joe mama said:

what are the normal prices for these?

Is Veatch an expert on prices?

$350 (or "tree fiddy") is a long running joke here. 

There was a time I was somewhat funny. Those days are gone. 

The new joke appears to be $15k for 3. Or taking that price seriously. That seems somewhat amusing as well. 

On 3/18/2023 at 6:34 PM, Joe mama said:

what are the normal prices for these?

If all original, in very good to excellent condition with no repairs and OHSC included, I'd say $2,500 each for the dot necks and $3,000 for the black one with crowns. 

2 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

If all original, in very good to excellent condition with no repairs and OHSC included, I'd say $2,500 each for the dot necks and $3,000 for the black one with crowns. 

Maybe a few years ago, but I think you'd be looking closer to $3-3.5K for clean original dot examples and more for crowned ones these days.  Vintage Hamer prices have really gone up, and many are selling at the higher prices too!  YMMV, but that's what I'm seeing out there.  Clean early '80s Specials are starting to fetch $2-2.5K.  Just what I've been seeing out in the wild...

Archived