Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Power Trip

Powertrip-n- fall and break your hip tour... 

125K Grey, thinned out mullet, faded tattooed ex-stoners converging in one place for one last hurrah! 🤣

And picture the wives! 🫣

Edited by Dave Scepter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think Tool and Metallica are the only bands with all their (sorta) original members still active and present. I get the impression I'd leave there more depressed than fired up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

I think Tool and Metallica are the only bands with all their (sorta) original members still active and present. I get the impression I'd leave there more depressed than fired up.

Assuming Maiden still includes Bruce, Adrian, Dave, Steve, and Nicko, they'd qualify as such (I still don't count Jannick Gers as a member). 

1 hour ago, princeofdarkness56 said:

I thought Ozzy was done ??

23 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

He is, but that does not stop people from wishfully expecting a great Ozzy show.  Maybe Sharon can devise a hologram.  No one will know the difference. 

He was done performing, then it was "done with big tours".  Next up is a residency announcement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, princeofdarkness56 said:

I thought Ozzy was done ??

I'm not sure he could get any less riveting than this concert vignette from 40 years ago, so...

z3NZAT.gif

Edited by Biz Prof
  • Haha 2

There never has been an original Iron Maiden lineup.  They changed a member between the demo that got them a record deal and the first record.  They changed a guitar player by the second album.  A new singer came in for the third album.  A different drummer joined by the fourth album.  There was a classic lineup that put out four albums.  They have reformed the classic group since 2000, plus they kept the extra guitar player. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have definitely taken the age factor into consideration. My favorite of these bands is Metallica which I have seen 23 times. They put on a Killer show. Seen all the other bands except AC/DC many times. Totally possible Ozzy might cancel out. He is determined to get on stage again even if he is in a wheel chair.

I might only go for the Sunday show.

Edited by rickrock999

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

They changed a guitar player by the second album. 

There's a hint of British humor about this embedded in: Iron Maiden:  Running Free.  In one of the earlier chapters, Bushell and Halfin make references to Dennis Stratton and his role in the band during the time they were working toward the first album and then touring for the first album.  Apparently, they all felt that part of Dennis' issues with the band was that he was a few years older than the other lads and his musical tastes seem to lean toward softer rock and pop music.  To that end, each mention of Stratton's name is accompanied by a parenthetical reference to his age, and these age references increase by one all through the rest of the chapter.  A subtle, but clever dig, indeed. 

4 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

I'm not sure he could get any less riveting than this concert vignette from 40 years ago, so...

z3NZAT.gif

Ozzy has always been a force in the rock world. That said I have always viewed him as the weak link in whatever band he was fronting and cringe at some of his antics. 40 years or so ago when I went to see him I really went to see Randy Rhodes. I will give him credit for carrying on the heavy metal mantra and having good sense to surround himself with some excellent musicians which helped make him relevant for so long.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

There's a hint of British humor about this embedded in: Iron Maiden:  Running Free.  In one of the earlier chapters, Bushell and Halfin make references to Dennis Stratton and his role in the band during the time they were working toward the first album and then touring for the first album.  Apparently, they all felt that part of Dennis' issues with the band was that he was a few years older than the other lads and his musical tastes seem to lean toward softer rock and pop music.  To that end, each mention of Stratton's name is accompanied by a parenthetical reference to his age, and these age references increase by one all through the rest of the chapter.  A subtle, but clever dig, indeed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd watch the live stream if they have one, provided that it's free.  Wouldn't have to leave the house, and can eat and drink my own goodies without paying through the nose.  Besides, I was stationed at Twentynine Stumps for two years and Iraq for a tour, so I'm DONE with the desert.  <_< 

• Like 3