Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Irony and a 1975 Ultra Rare L-6S (all maple content)

So, I did a deal and took in a trade.  After my rant on another thread about all maple guitars, I have one for sale.  I'll get pics to anyone that needs them.  Just shoot me your cell number and I'll try to get pics to you asap.  It's the last week of tax season for me, so it might be a few days.

The guitar is a 1975 Gibson L6-S with block inlays.  It has a maple board and a 3-piece maple body and 3-piece maple neck.  Harmonica bridge and Bill Lawrence pickups (tarbacks) and a five-way tone switch with volume and mid and treble cut controls.  Out of phase sounds incorporate a capacitor that makes the guitar's "duck sounds" thicker.

Carlos Santana and Al Dimeola were the endorsers of note.  

Frets need replaced.  It plays without any buzzing, but I'd have it re-fretted, if I were going to keep it.  

All original in about 6.5 condition.  

$1,500 shipped in the lower 48.  The block inlays are rare and desirable.  

I have to admit, it does sound really good through the original 1975 Big Muff I got with it.  That's $900.

DR

I played the Midnight Special version of that guitar for a few years back in the day. Standard two-humbucker toggle switch, single volume and tone. Mine had pickups potted in black plastic covers - cheaper to make, but I don't recall them sounding so awful that I needed to replace them. A thin-bodied guitar. Nice action, I remember. Modestly priced. And Kerry Livgren of Kansas played an L6-S, so that made it all the more way cool.

Instead I moved on to a Les Paul Standard with natural maple top, maple neck, maple board, and I swear a maple body, because it weighed a ton and I got 8-pack abs from playing that guitar standing up.

• Haha 1