Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hello there!

What's up guys! as near as I can tell.........I haven't posted on this forum in 12 years 😅

I apologize to anyone who dealt with me on here as a 17 year old discovering life and all of its ups and downs. I cant say I remember anyone I talked to on here then, and im sure not many members from then are still around today, but the selfless generosity and love I received from members here has stuck with me. And that's why I return today to say thank you as a slightly more refined 30 year old.

I probably haven't touched a guitar since I last posted in 2011 or so, but I've been thinking about hopping back in the saddle recently.

However! through it all I held onto my 1983 Cruisebass....the only axe I've kept with me over the years. She's dusty and craves some love so forgive me, but I figured if anyone is still around from those days they'd enjoy knowing she's stuck around with me.

342212661_936501754326840_1232975317807435257_n.jpg

• Like 18

Nice bass, but damn if those aren't the rustiest strings I have ever seen.  I know they are quite a bit more expensive than guitar strings, but not that much more.  Give that beauty some love.  PM me if you really can't afford strings, I've got a bunch of round wound sets, as I always swap them out for flatwounds.

• Like 5

Based upon the thread title, I recommend you grab that CruiseBass, crank up “Hello There” from Cheap Trick at Budokan, and play along HARD. Then get a tetanus shot while you await a string change.

Welcome back! 

Edited by Jakeboy
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Welcome back!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G Man said:

Nice bass, but damn if those aren't the rustiest strings I have ever seen.  I know they are quite a bit more expensive than guitar strings, but not that much more.  Give that beauty some love.  PM me if you really can't afford strings, I've got a bunch of round wound sets, as I always swap them out for flatwounds.

I appreciate the gesture, the kindness around here still seems to be unmatched 😎

im gonna grab a set this weekend, wife will be out of town so im going to do some snooping around the local shops for the first time in a decade and see what speaks to me, will grab some new string then. 😅

• Like 1

Since you were last here, those chips in the paint have been re-named “relicing” and people now pay more for it.  
Welcome back.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, mathman said:

Would this be you back then?    

Not stalking per se but the old days were different and there were some funny threads in a train wreck sort of way back then. Your OP made me wonder…

16 hours ago, moparmagic said:

What's up guys! as near as I can tell.........I haven't posted on this forum in 12 years 😅

I apologize to anyone who dealt with me on here as a 17 year old discovering life and all of its ups and downs. I cant say I remember anyone I talked to on here then, and im sure not many members from then are still around today, but the selfless generosity and love I received from members here has stuck with me. And that's why I return today to say thank you as a slightly more refined 30 year old.

I probably haven't touched a guitar since I last posted in 2011 or so, but I've been thinking about hopping back in the saddle recently.

However! through it all I held onto my 1983 Cruisebass....the only axe I've kept with me over the years. She's dusty and craves some love so forgive me, but I figured if anyone is still around from those days they'd enjoy knowing she's stuck around with me.

342212661_936501754326840_1232975317807435257_n.jpg

Welcome back!  I am hoping that your headstock is still attached to your Cruisebass.  Let's see the whole thing!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mathman said:

Would this be you back then?    

Yeah! I was a gear head back then for sure, owned way more clapped out old Mopar's than I'd like to admit haha. Self taught mechanic because of those cars, which led me to receiving a great opportunity to work swing shift at a steel mill as a Mechanical Maintenance Technician. Just gave that career up last fall after nine years.

3 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

Welcome back!  I am hoping that your headstock is still attached to your Cruisebass.  Let's see the whole thing!

I swear none of the rash is from me! She lived a hard life before I picked her up off a member on here. Have always wondered if there was any history. 

image.jpeg

342366430_1030144125034759_504805468870656676_n.jpg

342507296_173234609007684_2727929763463358919_n.jpg

342385486_203374199155368_543053258368251731_n.jpg

342526568_176299815366725_9048183356669538841_n.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JGale said:

Also,

Winner Winner! 😎

Huge Star Wars buff, especially fond of Obi-Wan. This Alec Gunniess/David Prowse signed photograph is the gem of all of my collections. 

342518955_278324731292029_8086408417161650453_n.jpg