Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA 85 scepter...beautiful

4 hours ago, Cboss said:

https://reverb.com/item/69245158-1985-hamer-scepter-silver-black

But what are these shitty pickups doing in there?

Also just determined "from the HAMER USA FB page" that it's a refin~ (although I'm still not entirely convinced"

Cool how they were able to repro the serial number 

Edited by Dave Scepter

12 minutes ago, Cboss said:

Amazing research 🙂 just those pickups in there is indication enough that something shady is going on, no one would put them in for legitimate reasons

Other than keeping the originals for themselves before selling off to a store front... that being said, here's a photo of the original owners Scepters and it looks like he has those PU's installed "years ago"... perhaps he liked them?g0DR4Oq.jpeg

KujfAS8.jpeg

Edited by Dave Scepter
  • Like 1

Those are beautiful guitars.. would the originals have been the DiMarzio wound hamers?

There is a fascinating thread on here breaking down those Duncan designed pickups, their intentional hobbling, and tweaks to make them sound better, perhaps he read that🤔

3 hours ago, Cboss said:

Those are beautiful guitars.. would the originals have been the DiMarzio wound hamers?

There is a fascinating thread on here breaking down those Duncan designed pickups, their intentional hobbling, and tweaks to make them sound better, perhaps he read that🤔

He's a professional musician, so I'm assuming he knows what he likes... and yes the originals would be the Dimarzio/Hamer Slammers... here's a photo from May 2014 showing the Silver paint and SD pickups... I personally think he just swapped out crappy PU's before selling or the store he sold it to swapped them out for additional cash ihw6j2f.jpeg

Edited by Dave Scepter
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cboss said:

Amazing research 🙂 just those pickups in there is indication enough that something shady is going on, no one would put them in for legitimate reasons

The original owner just chimed in on FB dLrqh72.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cboss said:

I wish there was a time machine and I could go back and place custom orders at the factory:)

If there was a time machine available, I'd first definitely bang this chick named Mary in high-school "one of those shoulda but didn't" situations... then go custom order a Scepter! 🤣

Edited by Dave Scepter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Even taking into account the time frame, this body style just never spoke to me.  But I did like the flamed Scarab.  My bandmate called it "the can opener"...

I'm a 80's metal head and absolutely love my Scepter.. to me it's like the ultimate Standard but with a Sustain block bridge, maple neck and crowned ebony fretboard... I couldn't come up with a better guitar for myself if I tried... I can't imagine ever parting with her🤘NdWPjRz.jpeg

Edited by Dave Scepter
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, The Shark said:

Even taking into account the time frame, this body style just never spoke to me.  But I did like the flamed Scarab.  My bandmate called it "the can opener"...

Wait…. Flamed Scarab…?  As in a Scarab with a flame maple top/body…?  I’ve only ever seen them in solid colors. Please explain…

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Wait…. Flamed Scarab…?  As in a Scarab with a flame maple top/body…?  I’ve only ever seen them in solid colors. Please explain…

There were a few…maybe even in “The Book”!  They had one in the booth at at least one mid-80s NAMM show that was pictured in several magazines and the GW Buyer’s Guide that year.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

There were a few…maybe even in “The Book”!  They had one in the booth at at least one mid-80s NAMM show that was pictured in several magazines and the GW Buyer’s Guide that year.

Oh, F me…. I’m gonna have to bust out my book tomorrow morning first thing and see this shit for real…

image.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cboss said:

Please post a picture for those non-book owners!

You need the book!  Only $38.39 USD.  I thought that it would save me money by allowing me to drool instead of buy... but it had the opposite effect!

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hamer-Guitars-Illustrated-History/dp/0764343521/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3B7JJDAB99X7U&keywords=hamer+ultimate&qid=1684681726&sprefix=hamer+ultimat%2Caps%2C217&sr=8-2

61Ou6n87uXL.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Travis said:

A dude had one in Orlando, but he wanted $3,500 for it.  I'm reasonably sure he didn't sell it.  It was on Reverb for a while.  

I bet you could call Mr. Matthes to the "service desk" and he could expound.  Or Mr. Fung...

• Like 1