Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Kahler 2300 tremelo

I like the 2300. To me, it has a Fender crossed with Bigsby-feel. Unique. Great for subtle, warbling chords or feedback sustain. I think many players misunderstood Kahlers and expected them to be more like an OFR. 

You can do silly/scary whammy tricks (Hanneman/King) with a 2300, but that seems to be the exception. 

• Like 1

I have one at this point and I think it's a brilliant design, and I think it sounds better..

Set it up right once and it's done.. fine tuners actually work, as opposed to trying to use a fine tuner on a Floyd and it pulls everything else out of tune

I'm looking forward to getting another on this prototype, but man after that video I'm afraid of getting a fake! Don't really want to chunk out 600 bucks for a brand new one

Emailed you. I do have one in chrome- bar, screws, upgraded rollers, upgraded locking nut and all. :)

I also have a grey 2200 (that mounts with traditional stud posts), a black 2300, bunch of locking nuts, rollers, 2300 plastic shims and the unicorn/hens teeth rare palm bar, if anyone watching is interested.

And of course, the 1982 checkerboard finish Hamer Sunburst with 2300 installed.

I'm a treasure trove of Kahler goodies...

• Like 3

Just now, svl said:

Emailed you. I do have one in chrome- bar, screws, upgraded rollers, upgraded locking nut and all. :)

I also have a grey 2200 (that mounts with traditional stud posts), a black 2300, bunch of locking nuts, rollers, 2300 plastic shims and the unicorn/hens teeth rare palm bar, if anyone watching is interested.

And of course, the 1982 checkerboard finish Hamer Sunburst with 2300 installed.

I'm a treasure trove of Kahler goodies...

I always saw the palm bar advertised but never anyone using it.  Did you like it?  How did you use it?

I used it for a couple different effects- nicely and easily imitated a Bigsby for that "surf" sound, did a decent job of "shifting" a chord down and also made it easy to do up pitching. Neat little tool, impossible to find 'em now.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2023 at 12:43 PM, scottcald said:

I always saw the palm bar advertised but never anyone using it.  Did you like it?  How did you use it?

I must have gotten the other one they made.  I'd call it indispensable. I use it like a regluar bar mostly, except it doesn't get in the way.  Also my 2300 is set up to do some interesting fake pedal steel stuff when you pull up on it .  With the palm bar it's right under your pinky. Easy sleazy.

Edited by tomteriffic
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

I must have gotten the other one they made.  I'd call it indispensable. I use it like a regluar bar mostly, except it doesn't get in the way.  Also my 2300 is set up to do some interesting fake pedal steel stuff when you pull up on it .  With the palm bar it's right under your pinky. Easy sleazy.

That's very cool. 

Not trying to convince anyone to not buy the palm bar from @svl, but I just went to Kahler's site and by God, they still make it:

https://kahlerusa.com/product/guitar-palm-lever/

• Like 2

On 10/17/2023 at 10:02 PM, scottcald said:

That's very cool. 

Not trying to convince anyone to not buy the palm bar from @svl, but I just went to Kahler's site and by God, they still make it:

https://kahlerusa.com/product/guitar-palm-lever/

Good catch, Scott. I just ordered a black arm tip and a chrome palm bar and a Pro series string lock. 

• Like 1