Hamer Fan Club Message Center

High Bid is $350... So Far

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

Other cool Hamer basses are in the auction.

8 string Scepter Bass

spacer.png

Another Scepter Bass

spacer.png

The Book details the back story behind that white bass with the LEDs in the fretboard. The existence of this red bass suggests there is likely a matching Scepter guitar in Billy Gibbons' possession.  Anyone here able to confirm that?

Edited by Biz Prof

20 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

The Book details the back story behind that white bass with the LEDs in the fretboard. The existence of this red bass suggests there is likely a matching Scepter guitar in Billy Gibbons' possession.  Anyone here able to confirm that?

Yes there is. It's pictured in Billy's book.

514flXtxOBL.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2023 at 6:43 AM, Disturber said:

Yes there is. It's pictured in Billy's book.

514flXtxOBL.jpg

Thanks--I have that book with all of its drool worthy pics and verbal gymnastics. The white Scepter is in there. I was actually referring to a possible matching guitar to Dusty's red Scepter bass. If it exists, I've not seen a photo of it.

• Like 1

Oh wowwwwwww. That's a lotta stuff. Things must have been busy in the giant warehouse where ZZ tops stuff is kept. A lot of those are part of a pair, where Billy G has the other one. Definitely some incredible pieces of rock and roll as well as music video history.

I'm actually kind of surprised at some of these items, as they are things I would have thought his family would want.