Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Southern River Band

LucSulla

I caught them in the latest “JHRA”…sounded good and he definitely approved!

IMG_8664.jpeg

• Like 2

I had just missed out on them last week. The schedules didn't make it. They are a fantastic live band.

• Like 2

Southern River Band investigations meanwhile. Great stuff. I especially like Live At The Pleasuredome.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LucSulla said:

I've enjoyed listening through their stuff the last week-and-a-half. 

Quite ACDC-ish, but in an entertaining way. I thought they were British at first, then noticed they are down under. That clarifies were they have the genes from. 

On 11/27/2023 at 10:57 PM, gorch said:

Quite ACDC-ish, but in an entertaining way. I thought they were British at first, then noticed they are down under. That clarifies were they have the genes from. 

They have that vibe, but they also do stuff like this. Shakes it up a little in a way I dig. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LucSulla said:

They have that vibe, but they also do stuff like this. Shakes it up a little in a way I dig. 

That was my favorite song in this thread.  Sounds like Atlanta Rhythm Section playing "Dirty" instead of "Spooky" lol.  I am always looking for a new band to get into so listened to a couple of albums on Spotify and they just don't hit me with the immediate connection I felt the first time I heard bands like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Scorpions, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy, Molly Hatchet, Aerosmith, or any of a hundred others I could name up to bands like Guns n' Roses or the Darkness themselves.  I'll give a rest and go back to them later and see if I feel different.

• Like 2