Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Say Hello again to one of England's Loudest Bands - SPINAL TAP SEQUEL


Recommended Posts

With the PLETHORA of Farewell tours currently ongoing or in the works, I guess it was inevitable that eventually the original mockumentary would need to have its own Farewell Tour of sorts. From what they are saying, everyone still alive is back onboard, though I don't know if it will be the same without Bruno Kirby.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/sequel-to-iconic-mockumentary-spinal-tap-to-start-filming-in-february-2024

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, kizanski said:

I'm more of a fan of The Folksmen these days.

I really need to sit down and watch ALL of the movies Christopher Guest & Crew did. I've heard great things about Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman as well, just never got around to watching them.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

I really need to sit down and watch ALL of the movies Christopher Guest & Crew did. I've heard great things about Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman as well, just never got around to watching them.

A Mighty Wind is my favorite.
It's the movie This Is Spinal Tap fans think This Is Spinal Tap is.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

With the PLETHORA of Farewell tours currently ongoing or in the works, I guess it was inevitable that eventually the original mockumentary would need to have its own Farewell Tour of sorts. From what they are saying, everyone still alive is back onboard, though I don't know if it will be the same without Bruno Kirby.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/sequel-to-iconic-mockumentary-spinal-tap-to-start-filming-in-february-2024

image.png

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I first saw Spinal Tap live at the Tower in Philly in the Summer of ‘92.  The Folksmen opened.  
 

Easily a Top-10 concert for me.  My sides hurt the next day, it was that funny.  But, these guys are serious and can REALLY play like a seasoned touring band.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

I really need to sit down and watch ALL of the movies Christopher Guest & Crew did. I've heard great things about Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman as well, just never got around to watching them.

 

definitely check out Best in Show asap...  hilarious   Fred Willard,  Parker Posey, Stiffler's mom,  I could go on...   and Jane Lynch is friggin fantastic in everything she's

ever done.         Not sure we'd have the Office (both versions) without Spinal Pap!  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I first saw Spinal Tap live at the Tower in Philly in the Summer of ‘92.  The Folksmen opened.  
 

Easily a Top-10 concert for me.  My sides hurt the next day, it was that funny.  But, these guys are serious and can REALLY play like a seasoned touring band.

NICE! Do you know if Ric Parnell was on the drums then? He was the actual drummer in the movie, who unfortunately passed away in 2022. I remember reading he toured with Spinal Tap when they were touring, as Mick Shrimpton's twin brother.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

NICE! Do you know if Ric Parnell was on the drums then? He was the actual drummer in the movie, who unfortunately passed away in 2022. I remember reading he toured with Spinal Tap when they were touring, as Mick Shrimpton's twin brother.

Yes indeed.  Ric was behind the kit on that tour.  There was an explosion at the end of the Philly show, however…

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Yes indeed.  Ric was behind the kit on that tour.  There was an explosion at the end of the Philly show, however…

...and a li'l green globule on the drum throne.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2023 at 3:30 PM, tbonesullivan said:

I really need to sit down and watch ALL of the movies Christopher Guest & Crew did. I've heard great things about Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman as well, just never got around to watching them.

Same here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2023 at 1:30 PM, tbonesullivan said:

I really need to sit down and watch ALL of the movies Christopher Guest & Crew did. I've heard great things about Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman as well, just never got around to watching them.

“A MightyWind” (it’s blowing’ me and blowing’ you!) and the above are all must-sees. Katherine O’Hara is off the chain hilarious in, “Best in Show.” Fred Willard gets a nod, too.

Avoid “Mascots.” The franchise officially jumped the shark on that one. 

Edited by RobB
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2023 at 1:37 PM, DaveL said:

 

definitely check out Best in Show asap...  hilarious   Fred Willard,  Parker Posey, Stiffler's mom,  I could go on...   and Jane Lynch is friggin fantastic in everything she's

ever done.         Not sure we'd have the Office (both versions) without Spinal Pap!  

Fred Willard could steal any scene he was in.  I loved that guy's quirky sense of humor.

Edited by tommy p
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...