Hamer Fan Club Message Center

KISS goes Avatar

Not taking away from their place in rock n roll history and in the memories of my youth but... really?

They really don't need to be immortalized beyond the footage and recordings we already have. It's just more of the same- crass marketing and cash grabbing.

• Like 2

You wanted the best, you got the best. And you'll keep on getting it for as long as people are willing to throw their money at it.

I find it kinda funny that the "band" that offered a casket as official memorabilia refuses to let itself rest in peace.

And I agree, Jim ... I just posted this palate cleanser on my FB page. Nothing they've done in decades nor what's next from up their studded spandex sleeves can surpass this era. NOTHING.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

You wanted the best, you got the best. And you'll keep on getting it for as long as people are willing to throw their money at it.

I find it kinda funny that the "band" that offered a casket as official memorabilia refuses to let itself rest in peace.

And I agree, Jim ... I just posted this palate cleanser on my FB page. Nothing they've done in decades nor what's next from up their studded spandex sleeves can surpass this era. NOTHING.

I forgot what a great tune that is. Such a cool Beatles vibe in the bridge, groovy harmony lead vox, even the wimpy guitar tone works.

• Like 1

The video and the giant translucent screens at Madison Square Garden were interesting to watch. 

The makeup and costumes have a payoff that other bands do not have.  KISS really can go on forever as fictional characters in cartoons, movies, videogames, etc. 

If there is an opportunity to see a virtual show without a high price ticket, it might be fun to watch. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

The video and the giant translucent screens at Madison Square Garden were interesting to watch. 

The makeup and costumes have a payoff that other bands do not have.  KISS really can go on forever as fictional characters in cartoons, movies, videogames, etc. 

If there is an opportunity to see a virtual show without a high price ticket, it might be fun to watch. 

One way or another, it‘ll land on youtube.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 2:55 PM, Steve Haynie said:

There were laser shows at planetariums back in the day. Set to the music of albums. I went to one. That's the end. Sorry if you thought there would be more to this story.  

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 2:55 PM, Steve Haynie said:

With advances in AI and holograms,  it wouldnt be beyond the realm of possibility for  a realistic holographic Star Child (in his prime physically and vocally) and the rest of the gang to be up on a stage amidst real flame throwers and fireworks belting out Strutter or engaging in banter.   That might be pretty cool.  

https://news.mit.edu/2021/3d-holograms-vr-0310