Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TDC... Myles Goodwyn

DaveH

Oh wow. A gentleman who I will always remember being very nice to an 18 year old that had wormed his way backstage. Those guys were all so cool. Good Night Mr. Goodwyn and much love for the tunes. 
💔❤️‍🩹❤️

• Like 11

What a great songwriter/musician.  The first band I played in (circa 1978) played "Get Ready for Love" from First Glance.  I always thought it was their first album!  God bless his family.  

Edited by The Shark

“Roller”, “Sign of the Gypsy Queen”, “Just Between You & Me”, and of course “I Like To Rock” with the Day Tripper/ Satisfaction riff was just genius.  

Myles knew how to write a great song with cool riffs.  The local AOR stations played “If You See Kay” to give the FCC the middle finger on censorship. 

To his family, friends and many fans, sorry for your loss.  

Hamerica 

• Like 6

When I heard the news I posted that April Wine's a band you don't really think about often, but when you do you instantly remember how amazing they were.  Great songs, great vocals, and three "rock and roll guitaaaaarrrsss!"  They are another one of the great bands that never quite attained the level of success they deserved IMHO.  RIP to Myles.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BillW said:

I literally just heard this today. I dug April Wine. My fave from them was "say hello" - cool, cool tune with an odd beat ...

I have NEVER been able to figure out what the hell is going on in that song!  I still love it though.

• Like 2

In the pile I found their 'Greatest Hits' and gave it a spin today. Aside from a couple of clinkers (and 'I like to Rock' isn't on it?!?), it's really good! 'Roller' is such a great crank-it-up Rock 'N Roll tune.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 7:57 PM, DaveH said:

A lot of good tunes. Always loved the 'I Like To Rock' video, with the living room setting complete with hanging plant. 😂 Seriously, a lot of cool riffs. RIP sir.

April Wine

The “Living Room” may look familiar in this video, even though it was filmed several months later in the dead of winter:  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cmatthes said:

The “Living Room” may look familiar in this video, even though it was filmed several months later in the dead of winter: 

Ha, a studio! I never even considered that! 😂

ETA: Remind me to never join a rock trivia challenge with you.

Edited by DaveH
  • Haha 1

A few years ago April Wine was on a mini tour through Texas and we were lucky enough  a local theatre had booked them. 

Me, my wife and Guitar Greg were able to attend. We really enjoyed the show.   It was a bucket list band for me.  Myles and Brian Greenway were the main guitars 🎸.  Just a great rock & roll show! 

Hamerica 

• Like 1