Least Interesting Celebrity Name Drops Ever

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

Um...  cool?

I tried to calibrate expectations!!!

"Least interesting...Ever"

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I totally got this.  

I once loaned some guitars for a gig to the former touring keyboard/second guitar player from Survivor who was there during the reunion Dave Bickler / Jimi Jamison co-lead vocal era.

True story.

It’s a small world after all.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, bsteff666 said:

I totally got this.  

I once loaned some guitars for a gig to the former touring keyboard/second guitar player from Survivor who was there during the reunion Dave Bickler / Jimi Jamison co-lead vocal era.

True story.

It’s a small world after all.

weird that there's the Survivor connection in these.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

weird that there's the Survivor connection in these.

Its the eye of the tiger.

• Haha 1

so... I have a friend.   We had this thing called the Want Advertiser (pre craigslist).    Every wednesday

the gear heads would race to the store to get the new book.   Commisions for ads were based on the

"honor system" and well you know how that goes...  

So, he gets a call on his vintage fender tweed or some similar thing.    the guys asks a bunch of questions and says

ok,  I'll have my friend give you a call, he'd like to check it out...    Guy calls,  they agree to meet.   

The dude drives up.    It's Joe fuckin Perry and other than the porsche, he was a cool normal dude and bought it.   

• Like 10

I was walking in LA (I know, I know, Missing Persons will tell you nobody walks in LA, uh!) and walked right into that loon Puck from MTV's Real World.  This was a year or two after he was on it and pre-cell phone days but I had a little disposable camera on me and asked for a pic.  He told me it would be $5 so I declined.  Fuck Puck.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, tommy p said:

I was walking in LA (I know, I know, Missing Persons will tell you nobody walks in LA, uh!) and walked right into that loon Puck from MTV's Real World.  This was a year or two after he was on it and pre-cell phone days but I had a little disposable camera on me and asked for a pic.  He told me it would be $5 so I declined.  Fuck Puck.

Last weekend my friends and I ran into John 5 coming out of a KISS concert.  He took time to say hello, and it was John who asked if we wanted to get photos.  Big name.  Friendly guy.  

• Like 7

In the early 90s I believe I was at a rest stop on the Palisades Parkway in NY using the restroom. As I finished using the urinal I noticed what looked like Kirk Douglas  using the next urinal over.  I wasn’t sure but outside there was a limo and some people trying to get an autograph from him when he came out. He had a book signing in NYC that night. My brush with fame and i didn’t even care. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hfan said:

... As I finished using the urinal I noticed what looked like Kirk Douglas  using the next urinal over. ...

As a size queen, I must know.  Gigantic?

In the early 80s, I once saw Robin Zander naked in the showers at the Supreme Court Racquetball Club near Cherryvale Mall in Cherry Valley, IL.  Around the same time, I saw Rick Nielsen, completely outfitted in RN drag, waiting for his boys to finish their tennis lessons at the Clock Tower Racquet Club near Rockford, IL.  Of course he was watching MTV in the lobby.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I once sat on an airplane a couple rows back from Mary Lou Retton who was reading a biography about, well…Mary Lou Retton.

Edited by Jakeboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

I once bought a Hamer Korina Junior here that was once owned by some dude in Vertical Horizon…?

Even more impressive was the T51 that @0054 sold me with was verifiably owned previously by Bubs.

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, tommy p said:

Same story for me, except it was Lemmy instead of Puck and I didn't ask him for a picture.

• Like 3

I waited in line directly behind then sat on the same plane next to Metallica's James Hetfield in Bakersfield Airport... almost bought him a beer until I remembered he was in alcohol rehab 🤣

Edited by Dave Scepter
  • Like 4