Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA What the hell happened to this Les Paul? One of a kind?

Yeah, I don't know how I found this, and now I don't care, I just want to wonder WHY anyone would do this, and why is the asking price so high?

https://reverb.com/item/72839244-1973-gibson-les-paul-custom-electric-guitar-w-glass-display-case-one-of-a-kind

customlespauldisaster.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ua D said:

I don’t know anything about that listing, but pictures of that guitar have been circulating the internet for at least a decade. 

Somehow I missed it. I guess now I can buy it! Or maybe not. Man those pictures of the enlarged control cavities look like someone chewed holes in the back of the guitar. Do beavers do guitar mods now?

Looks like a test board to me. Potentially having two individual electric circuits.

They actually have this statement in the description…

”All the work was done expertly and everything works and sounds perfectly.”

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Maybe that is a prototype Steve Morse Les Paul that Steve rejected. 

I'd say Steve did a much better job, he modified his guitar to make it better suited to his personal needs. This "LESS Paul" well........................they just took an otherwise nice guitar and ruined it. IMHO joQrSPL.jpg

Edited by ARM OF HAMER
  • Like 4

At first I thought it was bad Photoshop, but jeezus - WTFF??

But I kinda want to see the needle-nose fingertips that can turn those knobs.....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

I'd say Steve did a much better job, he modified his guitar to make it better suited to his personal needs. This "LESS Paul" well........................they just took an otherwise nice guitar and ruined it. IMHO

YEAH BABY!!!

spacer.png

Also, it's a franken tele with a strat neck. There are tons of franken strats / teles that are well thought out. I can't figure out any reason someone would have messed up a Les paul like that.

Then again EVH did kinda saw a giant V shaped block out of the bottom of the Ibanez Destroyer he probably used during the recording of Van Halen, so even the genius tinkers do some weird crap sometime. Kinda like Les Paul did.

• Like 3