Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD: Hamer Triple Threat

Most have probably already seen that I had a TT incoming from posts in my WTB listing. Now that it's here, it deserves its own NGD.

I had a Triple Threat a few years ago and stupidly let it go. I've been watching for one to pop up for sale and had an active WTB here. Thankfully, a member here saw a TT go up on Reverb and remembered my ad and shot me a heads up message. It's unlikely I would have seen the listing as it wasn't described as a Triple Threat. Regardless, I immediately called Cream City and nabbed it.

It was delivered yesterday and I must say it is everything I remembered it to be. I love a fat neck, and it has that in spades, quite a bit larger than a typical Hamer. And the top looks far better in person than the listing pictures indicated. Not that it looked bad or anything, it just shows it's 3D in person.

My only knock are the pickups. I've never been a fan of most Duncan pickups, and this came stock with a set of 59s. They sounded fine, but nothing more. Fortunately, the buyer of the Special FM LTD did not want the Gravelin Charlottes I had installed in it, so they came right out of that one and right into the TT. In additiona to a massive tone improvement, I love the classic double cream/zebra that the Gravelins are configured.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics with the new pickups. I certainly hope I don't have another brain fart and let this one go. The road behind me is littered with those.

embed?resid=577CFC4E3D45D182!37758&authk

embed?resid=577CFC4E3D45D182!37759&authk

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, currypowder said:

Most have probably already seen that I had a TT incoming from posts in my WTB listing. Now that it's here, it deserves its own NGD.

I had a Triple Threat a few years ago and stupidly let it go. I've been watching for one to pop up for sale and had an active WTB here. Thankfully, a member here saw a TT go up on Reverb and remembered my ad and shot me a heads up message. It's unlikely I would have seen the listing as it wasn't described as a Triple Threat. Regardless, I immediately called Cream City and nabbed it.

It was delivered yesterday and I must say it is everything I remembered it to be. I love a fat neck, and it has that in spades, quite a bit larger than a typical Hamer. And the top looks far better in person than the listing pictures indicated. Not that it looked bad or anything, it just shows it's 3D in person.

My only knock are the pickups. I've never been a fan of most Duncan pickups, and this came stock with a set of 59s. They sounded fine, but nothing more. Fortunately, the buyer of the Special FM LTD did not want the Gravelin Charlottes I had installed in it, so they came right out of that one and right into the TT. In additiona to a massive tone improvement, I love the classic double cream/zebra that the Gravelins are configured.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics with the new pickups. I certainly hope I don't have another brain fart and let this one go. The road behind me is littered with those.

embed?resid=577CFC4E3D45D182!37758&authk

embed?resid=577CFC4E3D45D182!37759&authk

NICE

46 minutes ago, mrjamiam said:

A keeper!  That means you keep it.  Congrats!

Thanks for the clarification. I certainly needed that.

One day, my girl and I were ordering something at a restaurant and one of the items was "Verde"  She casually mentioned, "Verde, that means green", like I'm an idiot  ( a common issue in our relationship). It's an ongoing jab at her now.

• Haha 2

218518bf20a29103328519f74d03a8df125c24240021f36a744eb715ae50f93a.gif

That is soooo nice. Congrats.

I've had a few Limited Edition Hamers before, but the Triple Threat is the only Hamer I truly regret never owning.

I am Verde with envy.

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2024 at 2:26 PM, hamerhead said:

I am Verde with envy.

I know what you mean by „envy“: You're jealous upon curry's TT..

But, what does „verde“ mean?

Oh man, that looks fantastic!  I'm glad you saw it first as I wouldn't have grabbed it and been trying to figure out what to sell off.  I check CCM at least every other day and knew they had a few Hamers coming in stock when I reached out after they listed the Artist Korina and the Artist Custom.  I never guessed it would be one of those.  Their photos always undersell the guitars I've bought from them with the white backgrounds.

It looks even better now with that pickup swap.

As others have said, "Dibs" to get a space in line if it ever leaves the collection

Out of curiosity, having never played one, is the neck older R8 round thick?

20 hours ago, WorstBandName said:

Out of curiosity, having never played one, is the neck older R8 round thick?

I wouldn't say that it has big shoulders like the R8s I've played. It does get rather beefy as you get around the 10th fret and higher. I'll get some measurements later.

• Like 1