Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My Victoria 20112 near Hartford, CT needs service. Who to go to?

The title says it all

2001 Vicky 20112 low hours.  Recently fired it up and it’s noisy as hell.  Did the tube tap, etc nothing obvious.

Is there anyone within driving distance of Hartford you would recommend to go through the amp?

thanks in advance

take the tubes out and clean the pins, squirt electrical contact cleaner in the sockets. DeOxit is the good one if you can find it. it often helps to just take 'em out and put 'm, back in

• Like 2

On 2/26/2024 at 5:24 PM, hamerican gigolo said:

Do you have any other known good tubes you can substitute in each position??? It being a tube amp, when something goes wrong, that's the first place I look. 

Hope you get it all sorted out... 😀

This for a free start.

Update.  I followed a combination of Marks advice from Victoria and the advice given here.  I removed back panel, hit the jacks with deoxit and compressed air then removed and reseated the tubes.

Most of the noise is gone.  I don’t ever remember this amp being quiet like a modern amp so this may be the baseline.

Any other Deluxe or clone owners want to share their experiences as far as noise…..

• Like 1

Hooray. Victoria circuits are pretty faithful to the originals. A little noise is to be expected. 

I have a VickyVerb that I love. It can push 20+ watts with the right output tubes. Best combo ever. 

ETA: Using a cranked, low-power combo is the key to many of the classic tones I love. ZZTop, Joe Walsh all day…

Edited by RobB

my 53 5B3 is pretty quiet but not quite like a modern amp (then again it's got those metal octal tubes in it).  my 56 5F1 has been making some noise lately, so I'll try the deoxit and compressed air. the 5F1 on 3 or 4 is the sweet spot imho.