Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NFS - 2008 Hamer Standard Korina - Decided to keep it

Selling my 2008 Standard Korina.  Essentially a flawless guitar.  Almost has a 3-D figuring in the wood which I have never seen in a Korina guitar (maybe you have).  Special ordered as the last batch of Korina guitars before Fender took over.  Looks to be a two piece body and 3 piece neck.  Slight tarnishing to the pickup covers.  Includes OHSC, case candy, COA.  They are only this nice until some careless fool gets hold of it.  Would like it to go to someone in the HFC fam who will take care of it.  $6200 plus shipping. 

20240416_110010.jpg

20240416_110035.jpg

20240416_110041.jpg

20240416_110050.jpg

20240416_110140.jpg

Edited by ChugD
Status change
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said:

Wow, that's a nice one... man, I wouldn't sell it

I am counting on no one buying it.  I can say I tried.  Moving in 1 - 1 1/2 years so having to make some hard decisions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ChugD said:

I am counting on no one buying it.  I can say I tried.  Moving in 1 - 1 1/2 years so having to make some hard decisions.

Wow, you plan far in advance!  I always end up staying up all night before I have to move (unwillingly).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HamerCustomEr said:

Wow, you plan far in advance!  I always end up staying up all night before I have to move (unwillingly).

I have to cut everything WAY back.  Moving from a decent size house with a basement to FL.  1000 sq ft less, no basement plus the addition of a mother-in-law.  I never play guitar in the presence of my wife so her mom will make it ever more rare.  :)  I had a large collection of vintage barbells and when the word got out that I was selling, they almost cleaned me out in two weeks.  Guitars aren't that easy it seems.  Then there are cars, guns, tools....endless stuff I never planned on selling.  I will keep a little of each.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, topekatj said:

@ChugD it’s a beauty and like that the strap button is where it is.

I’m not even kicking tires but am curious about the weight, thanks and GLWT no S

She is 9 lb 13 oz.  Chunky neck by my standards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I sold mine some years ago, and it was really dumb. I was going through a spate of just feeling shit on guitar all together, and my korina standard got scapegoated. Now they are too to dear to ever own another. Upside is I learned that lesson, didn't sell my Shishkov a few months back, and managed to score some Talladegas. 

They are the ultimate explorer IMO, I guess hence the name for that Shishkov run.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, neastguy said:

I gotta ask.. ..  will you take $350 for it? and I will pay for shipping

Shipping is like $5950 now a days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

• ChugD changed the title to NFS - 2008 Hamer Standard Korina - Decided to keep it

Well, if someone wanted it, would have sold by now so I am just going to hang on to it.  Sorry for the change of heart.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, ChugD said:

Well, if someone wanted it, would have sold by now so I am just going to hang on to it.  Sorry for the change of heart.

Are you kidding?  This news reminds me of hearing about a family that is sticking together!  Wise decision!

Edited by HamerCustomEr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1