Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NBD NHC

Too strangely cool to pass up, this followed me home the other day:

888bean001.jpg

888bean002.jpg

It is an '83 Ibanez MC888 (Musician) bass, also know as the "Bean bass". 5-piece neck-thru, disguised P and J pickups, nice weight, great balance, all original with original case, very nicely priced. I have owned a couple 80's Ibanez basses and while they generally sounded very good they tended to be hugely heavy and a pain to play for any length of time. This one is much easier to endure, and makes a great partner for my Cruise 5.

I can't find a single mention in all the Ibanez lit or catalogs, so it must be a limited issue thing or never a catalog item. Anyone got any info on this beast?

Z

I'm getting a bit queasy looking at your pics. I look at the bass and I feel like the picture must be stretched or something, but then I look at the background and everything's normal! :lol:

-Austin

I'm getting a bit queasy looking at your pics. I look at the bass and I feel like the picture must be stretched or something, but then I look at the background and everything's normal! :lol:

-Austin

Yeah, it looks REALLY funny strapped on! :P

Z

-Austin

Yeah, it looks REALLY funny strapped on! :P

Z

that what she said........ :P

Archived