Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: '98 BC Rick SLP Mock (special story)

565-1_inside2.jpg

I'm considering letting my SLP Mock go. It's the very one pictured above - in the book "In Praise Of Fretted Americana", as displayed on Elderly's website.

The guitar's condition is almost pristine. Basically no fretwear, no scratches, dents, cracks, except a) some hazing on the p.ups (original Di Marzio DP196/197) and 3 small indentations in the fretboard (from the photo session?)... OHSC is available as well as a copy of the aforementioned book and sundry documentation (letters) on Vintage Guitar letterhead.

The figuring in the top is absolutely gorgeous, and the carve really complements the classic lines of the Mockingbird shape.

Pics can be seen on http://www.huber-italia.net/mock/Mock.html

The blowups reveal some dust on the guitar (ahem...) - shows just *how* much it's being played (cough, cough).

I am looking to get $2.3k - which INCLUDES shipping and paypal's usual extortion - to fund some 6 string business in the US (Koll, for example), however I might consider trades + $$ for specific vintage Hamers (pm me with what you've got in mind).

More details:

1) bathroom-scale weighting session @ my neighbour's (man that was fun, even tho' it was embarrassing) says the guitar is about 3.9 Kgs (= appx 8.5 lbs)

2) serial number: it is stamped in the rear of the headstock. Someone tried to convince me that a "real" BC Rich should be stamped at the bottom of the fretboard. Research says that these series had the serial in the back of the headstock, not in the fretboard.

3) fretboard inlays are abalone, so is the "R" headstock inlay.

4) neck profile feels like a gibby 60s taper to me. Radius is modern but not shred-flat (14"?)

5) finish is probably poly - the guitar is nice and resonant. No "plastic coffin" syndrome here.

6) Price is firm - it does include both shipping by reg. airmail and paypal's exhorbitant fees

7) to those who are wary of EU sellers I might add that the I can easily ship to one of the US Nik Huber dealers and you can then arrange w/ the store to pick it up there - the store would act like an "escrow agency" so to speak.

8) I might add that I'm getting married on sept 8th and then I'm going to be honeymooning for appx. 3 weeks, so if you wish to pull the trigger do so now :o

Cheerz!

JJ

Archived