Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTT: Strat for SG Classic *Nevermind*


Recommended Posts

Posted

A long shot on this board, but I'm looking for a SG Classic with P-90s and about all I've got to offer is my 2008 Strat.

Fender revamped the American Standards in 2008, and as a Strat player since the 80's, I agree with legions of others that say these are some of the best Strats in 20yrs from Fender. I really love this guitar, but I've been bit hard by the SG bug, and now I want one with P-90s. If I could swing one without getting rid of this guitar I'd definitely go that route.

3 TSB, 7.9 lbs, upgraded with Callaham steel trem block, bone nut, RS Guitarworks .022 GuitarCap, black Fender USA pickguard, and custom made Rumpelstiltskin bridge pickup. It's a 11.5k, 43g wire, Tele-style pickup with a base plate. Rockin'. All stock parts and case candy included. Older style Fender molded case instead of the new TSA case (I don't like the new case for some reason). Very light pick marks on front, with a tiny ding or two on the back, but no buckle rash etc... Basically it looks as if it's been played because it has.

Here's a couple of pics I took today, but I think the other two better represent the color of the sunburst.

2008AmStdStrat-02.jpg

2008AmStdStrat-03.jpg

Stock

2008AmStdStrat-stock.jpg

With bridge humbucker

2008AmStdBlkPGsm.jpg

Posted

I think instead of getting rid of a guitar I love, I'll just buy Austin's BG Pure 90's instead and throw them in my SG Std. How many HB equipped guitar does someone need anyway?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...