Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTT: Taylor GS5 For Les Paul or Similar


Recommended Posts

Posted

Too many acoustics, not enough time... I had a Les Paul, sold it years ago, and want one again.

So, let's deal. I have an immaculate 2007 GS5e custom with upgraded chrome Gotoh Delta 21:1 ratio tuners. What makes it Custom? In 2007, the year Taylor introduced the GS model, they were only available without cutaways. This one was ordered custom with the cutaway. Not a big deal on the surface, but for those who pay attention to silly unique guitar collectability things, it piques interest. Otherwise, it's just a great looking, great sounding guitar. Scarf joint NT neck, 9v ES, white binding, abalone rosette and fretboard dots, bone saddle. Includes brown gator deluxe case.

Pictures are here: http://www.twicebakedmusic.com/images/gs5_gallery/index.html

I have plenty more available if you are interested in working together.

I'M LOOKING FOR: A late model Gibson Les Paul Standard/Deluxe or the like in excellent condition. Bursts (Honey/Tea/Tobacco/Cherry) are great, as are Lemondrops, Oxblood, Goldtop or most any other colors. Exception would be Silverburst. I would prefer to not have the Robot electronics. Alternatives would be any QUALITY single cutaway, dual humbucker, short scale solidbody guitar. Brands that come to mind off the top of my head include Hamer (Monaco Pro, Talledega), Taylor SB Standard or Custom, and PRS. I'm most familiar with the Les Paul and provides the tone I have in my mind, but am open to other options.

I would put the sale value of the GS5 in the $1700 range.

I am in Chicago but travel to Michigan, Northern Indiana, Wisconsin and Minnesota regularly. If you live in these areas and want to, we can meet to finish the deal. Drop me a description and pics via email or PM!!!

EDIT: Fixed broken link -- Sorry!

Posted

Thanks for the heads up, David. Link now functioning!

Posted

Found what I was looking for... Thanks!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...