Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'77 Guild F50RNT Jumbo

Great sounding old Guild here. I picked this up about 6 months ago from a buddy along w/ a '78 Guild D25M that I recently sold...I had plans for both guitars, but now I'm buying/selling a home...so I'm liquidating all guitars that I don't "use" daily. Both guitars belonged to his uncle and were left to him...

I don't know the whole story on this one other than he owned it for a long time....This guitar has been around the block...as you can see from the pics.

I don't know how the chip of wood in the soundhole was knocked out, but as you can see it's got a nice ding there. The guitar has it's share of other bumps and bruises as you can see in the pics. The frets are in pretty decent shape, they look like they could have been crowned at some point...but I can't be 100%. There are a few dimples on the first 4 or 5 frets. I assume the case it came w/ is the OHSC....b/c it looks like it's been to hell and back. But it will do the trick.

OK, so that's the bad stuff...now the GOOD things:

The guitar sounds REALLY good...very fulll and well defined, but still balanced. It plays very well also, fingerpicks w/ ease...which surprised me. The guitar is structurally sound...I took it to a local luthier who actually worked for Guild at one time...he said there are no issues other than cosmetics...no effect on tone or playability. There is a pickup installed...the luthier thinks it's a Fishman, unsure of the model. The inlays look great as you can see. The woods used on this guitar look really amazing...Guild didn't slouch on these.

All in all, it's a great old Guild w/ some war stories. This is one you can take to a gig, and not have to worry a ton about it.

The gutiar and case are both fairly heavy...so shipping won't be too cheap. I'm looking for about $900 after all is said and done...

So why don't we say, $925 shipped east of the Mason Dixon line...and $950 shipped out west.

Here's some pics:

jumbo3.jpg

jumbo5.jpg

jumbo1.jpg

jumbo13.jpg

jumbo4.jpg

jumbo8.jpg

jumbo9.jpg

jumbo11.jpg

jumbo10.jpg

jumbo12.jpg

Archived