rubberweed Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 I have two Hamer Cruise Basses and love them equally. Extremely bad financial times have forced the sale of one of my flock. It's in the UK (London) but I am happy to post anywhere. http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_616wt_1141 Hamer Cruise Bass - 1982 Vintage Set Neck w/ EMG Precision & Jazz Pickups (Active) Hamer instruments from the 1980s are all kinds of amazing and this bass is no exception. Hand-built just outside Chicago in Illinois, USA - the Cruise Bass is a very unique and wonderful instrument. It looks, feels and sounds very much like what a Jazz bass would be like if Gibson were asked to re-design it. With its set neck and Gibson Thunderbird style headstock, the instrument feels very much like a hybrid between a Jazz Bass and a T'bird. Fast playing. And mega resonant. This particular bass features a gorgeous Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard. Pickups are stock early 80s EMG PJ Pickups. I really love the sound of early EMGs. They're powerful yet organic sounding. Whereas their later pickups went for power, these sound like noiseless and more dynamic versions of Fender's best PJ pickups. You've also got lashings of high end available should you wish to call upon it. When Hamer went into bass production, they opted for the best of everything on the hardware front. The bridge and machineheads are both Schaller. This is a great bass. One of my favourites. And an incredibly regrettable sale. I've fallen on hard times and have to shift gear in order to deal with a boiler replacement as well as car repairs/tour debts/funeral costs and bills, bills, bills, bills. The finish has aged into a great vintage cream colour. There's a little bit of checking here and there, in keeping for a 30 year old instrument, but the bass is super stable and plays absolutely brilliantly. It comes with a non-original Hard Shell Case. Fretwear is minimal. This is a great instrument and holds its own. Early 80s Hamer Cruise Basses have been used by the likes of Pete Farndon (The Pretenders), Sting (The Police), John McVie (Fleetwood Mac). The Pretenders - Day After Day Fleetwood Mac - The Chain (Live 1982) - Go to 3m 30s for 'THAT' Bassline Modern English - I Melt With You Top Buzzer - Deeply Shallow For HFCers out there - I will let this bass go for £320. Email me at denki109@mac.com if you're interested.
RichRS6 Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 I spotted this a couple of days ago and even though I'm not a bass player am sorely tempted as it seems a lot of bass for not a lot of dosh..GLWS.
Bennyboy-UK Posted June 13, 2012 Posted June 13, 2012 That's a fab bargain for somebody! My girlie fingers aren't cut out for bass - even one as awesome as that sadly!Good luck with the sale chap,Ben
rubberweed Posted June 15, 2012 Author Posted June 15, 2012 Cheers guys. It really is a lovely bass. £320 to any of the HFC clan. Happy to drive it anywhere in the UK for petrol money. And I can ship it for around £40 to anywhere in the EU. - Andy
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.