Guest Buck Dharma Posted March 19, 2005 Posted March 19, 2005 I put a few pics before but I finally got this custom Firebird in my hands. It was made by a guy named Seppo in Ontario and the company is Frankinstein Guitar Works. So far I really like it. It has Les Paul and Explorer sounds that I likey! This guy makes some very cool guitars so get them before he is famous! It is setup with nines right now and it sounds great but I'm used to 11's so I will have to do a setup but it plays so nice now I don't want to screw it up. This thing is feather light and very resonant. Back to playing!
Turdus Posted March 20, 2005 Posted March 20, 2005 This guy makes some very cool guitars so get them before he is famous! LOL! What is that thing called? A non reversed - reversed non Firebird?
Guest Buck Dharma Posted March 20, 2005 Posted March 20, 2005 This guy makes some very cool guitars so get them before he is famous! LOL! What is that thing called? A non reversed - reversed non Firebird? It's based on a non-reverse Firebird. This guitar smokes every guitar I ever had. That includes real Firebirds and several Hamers.
Scottcrud Posted March 20, 2005 Posted March 20, 2005 it looks cool. It also looks like one of those washburn A-60 or whatever they were, the explorers with the cutdown bodies, but lefthanded.
formula73 Posted March 20, 2005 Posted March 20, 2005 I was and am still really curious! I can tell that's a bolt neck modded(or maybe not modded) to be setneck. How's that holding up?! I know you say it's the best guitar you've ever had, but it's new and sometimes that can cloud your vision(especially when it's made for you). Does he do any designs you want? I can think of a few that with setneck-from-bolt construction might be pretty cheap...
Guest Buck Dharma Posted March 20, 2005 Posted March 20, 2005 I was and am still really curious! I can tell that's a bolt neck modded(or maybe not modded) to be setneck. How's that holding up?! I know you say it's the best guitar you've ever had, but it's new and sometimes that can cloud your vision(especially when it's made for you). Does he do any designs you want? I can think of a few that with setneck-from-bolt construction might be pretty cheap... Yes it looks like it is a boltneck that is then carved to match the body. He then carves the body so it blends smooth. I don't know how it will last but it is straight now and has really low action with no buzz at all. It is very light and balances great. The neck reminds me of a Fender strat neck on an SG because of the access to the high frets. I am used to LP's and Strats with higher action so this is easy to play. I don't know if I'm gonna leave the action that low or not. I never had a shredder but it is probably more like that where you can tap and finger notes. I realize that it is new and I am in the honey moon phase but this guitar is way better sounding plugged in or not than any guitar I have had.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.