Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ebay Idiot of the week

Craig

I'm selling my VOX amp on Ebay because it is a duplicate size of another amp I already have. So I get this question, and you can see my response. This jerkoff takes the cake for the biggest moron this week. I don't understand what he was driving at. Alpep - you will enjoy this.

Q: <<no stupid handling charges here>> Lucky you - having an original box w/packing materials. If a seller doesn't have an original box for packing, they must buy a box - and that costs $$$. Second, the 12AX7 tube in a Vox Cambridge Amp is a generic Sovtec tube. Sound is like playing on dry cardboard compared to vintage Valvo 12AX7 / ECC83 tubes. If you bought a ECC83 (same as 12AX7) Valvo tube on Ebay (from a reputable person / cost~25.00+ dollars) and cut off the stupid tremulo on the amp which when cut gives incredible gain to the amp - you might not be so fast in selling your amp. Answered on Feb-27-05

A: Dear Sir, I'm not quite sure why you bothered to email me. If you don't like the amp, don't bid. I have two in this size range, so I don't need one. Simple as that. The amp sounds great, I don't expect it to sound like a cranked 100 watt Boogie head. It's the perfect amp for a home environment or a portable jam amp. The tremolo (not tremulo) is great for someone who uses it. Thank you for your suggestions, the amp is still for sale to the highest bidder. FYI - the original box is for someone who might want it, it will ship in another box for free. Keep rockin in the free world and have a nice day - mbhw

>>Keep rockin in the free world

AHAHA! I think I've said that twice to people this week (and it's only Sunday!haha).

I sold an old amp head on ebay once and the buyer sent me a nasty email asking why I didn't include speaker cables to go to his cabs! :P

BB - we can add to the list my latest fiasco:

Craigslist.org - I listed stuff for free, 1st come 1st serve. Someone missed an item, and freaked out calling me 4 times and leaving 8 nasty emails in a half and hour. I emailed them back to apologize and tell them to please not contact me again. This psycho chick starts calling my house and I try to calm her, get annoyed, tell her to f off and hang up. Bad move, because she calls me about 20 more times until I email her to let her know I am filing an aggravated harrassment charge with the police if she persists. Now she is posting my email, phone numbers, home address and name on the net with her bitching, and I have had to have craigslist remove them. What a joke, I hope she gets hit by a freaking bus already. I can't wait to move this Saturday, she will never be able to find me again. Hopefully she doesn't show up with a gun. I guess it really pays to give stuff away for free.....

Nathan - I like having my own list. It's usually pretty damn cool.

Thanks to everyone for listening to my rant, I just don't understand what goes through some rejects head when he reads an ad like mine and says to himself "Hmmm, I bet my nasty email and impractical suggestions will really change this guys mind."

Archived