Menehune Posted August 21, 2025 Posted August 21, 2025 I have two MXL ribbon mics up for grabs. They are great for mic'ing guitar cabs. MXL says the R144 will transduce without distortion up to 130dB SPL. One mic had a floppy ribbon when I got them used some years ago , but still it works - listen to the attached MP3 test recording. The recording was made with the mic about 3 inches from the amp's speaker cone, with the amp at bedroom volume. The R144 went directly into a Scarlett, input gain at 2 o'clock. You can use Mr. Floppy as is or else practice re-ribboning on an inexpensive mic body. R144s go for about $100 new. I'm asking $135 including shipping in the Continental US for both. Each comes in a hard plastic case with a suspension mount, unused microfiber cloth, and MXL liturature. FloppyR144.mp3
Menehune Posted September 24, 2025 Author Posted September 24, 2025 One Two Three Bump! One Two Three Bump! (Come on everybody Do the Bump!)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.