Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Allen Encore Amp - TRADE FOR GUITAR!

Just bought an Allen Encore kit and put it together. Sent it to David Allen to look it over and make sure it was good to go - even before I turned it on. He did a few adjustments, tested for a week and biased the amp. and it is perfect. But...I have one too many amps and my wife says its gotta go... this amp has about TWO HOURS on it! Sounds GREAT!

A1.jpg

A4.jpg

ENCORE07CHASSISL.jpg

ENCORE07CHASSISR.jpg

This is set up with 6V6 matched tubes (22W). Can also take 6L6's with a rectifier tube change (35W). PTP hand wired amp w/highest quality components. Pictures HERE:

Encore Amp Pictures

David's pre-built Encore's are going for $1799 plus shipping. Looking for $1299 Shipped! TRADE FOR GUITAR - SHOW ME WHAT YOU HAVE TO TRADE.

Output Power

22 Watts with 6V6 tubes and a 5U4G rectifier tube.

upgrade the amplifier to 35 watts by installing two 6L6 matched power tubes, and one 5AR4 rectifier tube, & then adjusting the bias pot appropriately.

Tube Compliment in this 22 watt amplifier

(5) 12AX7s, (2) 6V6 power tubes, (1) 5U4G rectifier tube.

Class

AB push-pull with adjustable fixed bias.

Equalization

Bass, Treble and Midrange controls, BRIGHT switch and RAW control.

Reverb

All-tube, long 3-spring medium-delay tank in a heavy vinyl reverb bag with MIX and TONE controls, shielded cables.

Master Volume

Post-driver using dual potentiometer and (4) coupling capacitors.

Circuitry

Hand-wired point-to-point with tinned solid-core PVC wiring, G-10 glass epoxy circuit board with brass eyelets. Carbon film resistors, Mallory M150 and CDM silver mica tone capacitors, Switchcraft jacks, Carling switches, and U.S. made molded type sockets.

Transformers

Cool and quiet running Allen TP40 200ma power transformer, TO35MT paper bobbin interleaved winding output transformer, TR reverb transformer and TRCH choke are all U.S. made.

Topology

Design is loosely based on the mid 60s Fender Vibrolux Reverbâ„¢ but without a normal channel. Design is enhanced with 2-knob reverb, non-opticoupler tube tremolo, master volume control, middle control, RAW control, rear-panel bias measurement jacks, impedance switch, and front-panel power switches.

Cabinet

Finger-jointed pine cabinet with black Tolex covering and Black/White/Silver sparkle grill cloth, 1/2" birch plywood floating-type baffleboard and (2) screw-on rear panels. Chrome bottom corners, rubber-cushioned chrome glides (feet), chrome chassis straps, black-rubber steel-reinforced carrying handle with chrome caps/screws. Includes Leather carrying handle.

Speaker

2 Eminence Patriot Copperhead 10"

Special Features

Brown-era tube tremolo, impedance switch, unique RAW mid/gain boost control, front-panel power switches, master volume, and convenient rear-panel bias measurement jacks.

Power Switches

Front-panel mounted POWER and STANDBY toggle switches for easy access.

Indicator Light

Front panel pilot-light for AC power

More info on the amp here: http://www.allenamps.com/encore.php

Allen amps are good amps. I used to have two. (I only sold them because I work for an amp maker and can make any amp I want, not because they were bad in any way.)

It might help the sale to post some gut shots, especially since it is a home-build.

Good luck on selling!

(Bumpus)

Allen amps are good amps. I used to have two. (I only sold them because I work for an amp maker and can make any amp I want, not because they were bad in any way.)

It might help the sale to post some gut shots, especially since it is a home-build.

Good luck on selling!

(Bumpus)

Thanks for your comment. If you follow the link and look at my other pictures, there is a picture of my invoice - I sent the completed amp to David Allen. I had him look everything over, make sure all was good, make any small adjustments and bias the amp BEFORE I even powered it up. He kept it for a week in his shop to make sure it was all good before he sent it back to me.

For what is essentially a handwired BF Deluxe Reverb you can't go wrong. You can also change this to a Vibroverb by installing 6l6's and a SS rectifier and then rebias. Real simple and completly reversable.

For what is essentially a handwired BF Deluxe Reverb you can't go wrong. You can also change this to a Vibroverb by installing 6l6's and a SS rectifier and then rebias. Real simple and completly reversable.

Actually - you almost double the wattage to 35 watts and all it takes is a tube swap - replace the 6V6's with 6L6's, replace the 5U4G rectifier with a 5AR4 rectifier and re-bias. That's it!

Actually - you almost double the wattage to 35 watts and all it takes is a tube swap - replace the 6V6's with 6L6's, replace the 5U4G rectifier with a 5AR4 rectifier and re-bias. That's it!

Either way, I have done it both ways....no biggie...still very versatile and at 1k, a steal.

Make an offer.

Either way, I have done it both ways....no biggie...still very versatile and at 1k, a steal.

Bump

Make an offer.

Bump for eBay

Good luck on selling!

(Bumpus)

Thanks for your comment. If you follow the link and look at my other pictures, there is a picture of my invoice - I sent the completed amp to David Allen. I had him look everything over, make sure all was good, make any small adjustments and bias the amp BEFORE I even powered it up. He kept it for a week in his shop to make sure it was all good before he sent it back to me.

TRADES: Will consider these and many more - solid, semi hollow, chambered, etc. of equal value. Show me what you've got!

Acoustic Electric - Taylor, Takamine etc.

Les Paul type guitar

Suhr, Lentz, Grosh, PRS, Anderson

Fender Custom Shop

Gretsch

Rickenbacker

The AMP sounds amazing. you will not be disappointed. I am only selling because I am receiving a custom modified Tone King on Monday - the amp I have always wanted at a great price. I am located near Philadelphia.

Anybody out there? This is a GREAT amp!

TRADES: Will consider these and many more - solid, semi hollow, chambered, etc. of equal value. Show me what you've got!

Acoustic Electric - Taylor, Takamine etc.

Les Paul type guitar

Suhr, Lentz, Grosh, PRS, Anderson

Fender Custom Shop

Gretsch

Rickenbacker

The AMP sounds amazing. you will not be disappointed. I am only selling because I am receiving a custom modified Tone King on Monday - the amp I have always wanted at a great price. I am located near Philadelphia.

Archived