Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tone Tubby Cabinets.

bubs_42

Question

So here are my questions....

1. Does TT label or sticker the side of the magnets? ( I have a crate 2x12 with TTs and it doesn't)

2. Haven't plugged it in yet but it I isolate one cone and give it a push test (which I did on each cone) I have extreme cone noise on each cone.

3. If I get compensated or the speakers turn out ok, can the cabinet be tightened up easy, with a couple braces?

Alright did a little more the speakers. I've got a repair guide for guitar related Items, but it left one thing out. When checking Ohms on a speaker if its 8ohms at what point lower than 8ohms is the speaker good. They acctually read higher than my other two TT Ceramics. They are reading 5.2 on the meter. I do understand that is just checking the Coil and not the cones, Correct?

2 answers to this question

When checking Ohms on a speaker if its 8ohms at what point lower than 8ohms is the speaker good. They acctually read higher than my other two TT Ceramics. They are reading 5.2 on the meter. I do understand that is just checking the Coil and not the cones, Correct?

All the technical documentation that I have says that the DC resistance of an 8 ohm voice coil should be between 4 and 6 ohms.

When checking Ohms on a speaker if its 8ohms at what point lower than 8ohms is the speaker good. They acctually read higher than my other two TT Ceramics. They are reading 5.2 on the meter. I do understand that is just checking the Coil and not the cones, Correct?

All the technical documentation that I have says that the DC resistance of an 8 ohm voice coil should be between 4 and 6 ohms.

Thats good new, but I just plugged the cab in after patching it up and all the speakers have "Cone Noise" one is so bad that its completely distorted, one have ass and the other two have slight but noticable buzzing. Thankfully the seller has contacted me again I have requested a phone call. Either or this is a bad deal for the both of us. He will be out shipping both ways or if he decideds to refund me for the speckers he will be out almost what I paid for the cab. Still a hassle. thanks for the info.

Note, my other TT's in my crate measure 3.7 :lol:

I will tell you this, that this cab sounds awsome with my 50watt boogie. I'll get another one.

Archived