Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Saddles on a Diablo?

morningstar

Question

OK here's a new experience for me. I bought a player Diablo. Gorgeous guitar...nice aged cherry sunburst, birdseye and flames in the neck.

BUT along the way somebody got lazy and swapped out the D saddle block for one that is a mm or two taller than the rest.

Is there a "standard" saddle height for Schaller Floyded Diablos.

I also got a 37 mm titanium sustain block for it. So, as long as I have the Floyd in pieces, I figure I can change the saddle if I can get the right one...

Thankee

morningstar

3 answers to this question

They should be marked underneath 1 / 2 / 3. If i remember, i'm at work at the moment, the one's marked 1 are the outside E's, marked 2 are the A and the B and marked 3 are the D and the G - hopefully someone will confirm otherwise i'll check when i get home. You should be able to buy the correct corresponding saddle although i know Schaller can be a bit scarce spares wise over in the US.

PS: you say 'saddle block' but then mention 'saddle height' - i'm pressuming you mean the saddle itself as oppossed to the actual block that locks the string. If it was the block that goes into the saddle then Schaller are all the same height.

You can go here to buy the individual saddles:

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/guitar_frsaddles.htm

As you see, they come in 3 sizes. They are a pre-radiused set so the D and G should be the highest, the B and A should be medium, and the E's should be low. No shimming should be necessary.

-Austin

Archived