Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'81 Hamer Special

A great little rock 'n roll machine in time for the Holiday, and it's red! I call it "Sammy", you buy it and call it anything you want. Serial number 1 3452, all original minus the three way selector. Overall condition is great, with the exception of the buckle damage. Hey, I play these things vigorously, it is what it is. Frets are good, but show a little digging, will need a level eventually. Lemme know if you have any questions. Cheers. $725 out the door.

Complete photo library here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v157/eig...203452%20Sammy/

029.jpg

024.jpg

040.jpg

035.jpg

033.jpg

What is the neck profile? is it on the thinner or thicker side? Thanks.

This neck feels a bit thinner and i believe (without measuring) a bit narrower than an average neck dimension. Not shredder thin by any means, but a neck better played by smaller or average hands.

Always something very cool about a red Special...

Always something very cool about a red Special...

I'm extremely saddened to sell this guitar, it is one of my all time favorites of the many Hamers and others that I've had. She's imperfect, a little scarred, aged and well travelled, and as such simply perfect in every mojo-tone-dripping-bleeding with character kind of way. I find myself turning a new page now into my forrties and what used to be timeless treasures are now a means to new ends. I am a blue-collar Joe, never really found my bullseye in life, but I work hard and take great pride in what I have and what I do. My son is now 15, and selfish misdirected years spent dreaming of a fame and fortune that would never come cost my son and I priceless time and moments I and he can't get back. I spent a long afternoon with him at his new orthodontists office watching him gleam with joy over a forthcoming process that most kids only loathe. I had no idea and still don't fully know how I would afford his treatment, but the look of excitement on his face and the firm grip of his hand in mine told me that it would be done at any cost. This guitar is just the start of some of that cost. I would love to keep Sammy, but with all I am blessed with, there is nothing I would rather do at this time than to see her go. Being Dad is the best music I could ever possibly make!

With 13 years of HFC love to all my brothers. Happy Holidays!

Archived