Skeeter Posted January 26, 2013 Posted January 26, 2013 I've been debating this for a few months and I've finally come to grips with parting with these two. Both guitars are in very good condition with minimal wear. I have more pics available if interested. Original Hamer cases in similar condition. Open to trades. I'm on a MIJ/CIJ Fender kick at the moment so anything in that vein. Also early 80's MIJ 335 style guitars. Amp wise I'm in the mood for something with 6L6 or EL34s. Also, one of the early/mid 60's Ampeg Reverberockets with 6V6 tubes. Currently, the Special has a Duncan Custom Shop pickup in the bridge position. I've never been fond of the JBs and I think the replacement is a much better match. I purchased the pickup off a guy on TGP, from what I recall it started life as a Custom 5 and was rewound by Duncan. The best way I can describe it is a sort of super '59. Really goes well with the stock '59 and I think it gives the guitar a much more cohesive character. I have the original JB and it will be included. Everything else is stock. There is a very small finish imperfection at the neck pocket. This is one of the later '93s with the full size tuners and thicker neck. SOLD. Again, not a fan of the stock Duncans Hamer used in the Eclipse. It's not shown in the pic but they have been replaced with a DiMarzio DP168/198 pair. This required some slight resizing of the pickup rings. I have the original Duncans and they will be included. Everything else is stock. SOLD.
sixesandsevens Posted January 28, 2013 Posted January 28, 2013 Yeah, I didn't see that special lasting long... Congrats to buyer(s) and seller!
stonge Posted January 31, 2013 Posted January 31, 2013 what year is the Eclipse? Neck profile/weight?would you please send some additional photos showing the modded pickups and rings to stongemonataoldotcom? Thank you.edited fer speling (or lack thereof) 2xdonotpostbeforecoffeedonotpostbeforecoffeedonotpostbeforecoffee...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.