gtone Posted March 2, 2013 Posted March 2, 2013 Have nice '51 TV Front Tweed Deluxe (5A3) available, non-original parts include '61 P12Q speaker, handle, 3-prong power cord and OT. Caps were replaced with Red Jupiters in October - sounds tight, stable with low noise threshold for grid leak bias circuit. Octal PI/pre-amp section provides loads of fat, greasy, compressed natural OD tone at anything over 3 on the volume control, nice cleans that sustain forever in the highly resonant pine cab. All NOS glass including GT octal PI/pre-amp tubes that were hand-picked for low microphonics from literally dozens of glass and metal-can tubes (will include a low-noise GT pair for spares also). Looking for Gibson Firebird in trade +/- cash either way depending on what's on offer. I'm open to new or vintage Firebirds, not terribly fussy whether it's reverse/non-reverse and have some flexibility with various pu configs. MUST be balanced 'Bird however, so neck-heavy candidates need not apply. Trade value of Tweed is @ $1,850, cash price @ $1,650 in this softer market (yeah, I'd consider cash offers if anyone's wondering). Probably wouldn't consider moving this toneful little gem but I find myself playing the "bigger giggers" a bunch more these days. GAS is a bitch and I've wanted a nice 'Bird of my own for some time now also.
Jakeboy Posted March 2, 2013 Posted March 2, 2013 Holy cow.....I love tweed Deluxes......I so wish I had a FB I could send your way.....best grind machine ever invented right there. My 5e3 clone sounds like what every dirt box is trying to emulate....this is a piece of history that someone will LOVE....wish it was mine.
gtone Posted March 2, 2013 Author Posted March 2, 2013 Yep - you can see why the Tweed Deluxe has been used in so many recording studios over the years. Just stupidly easy to dial in great singing natural OD tones - fat, natural sounding, full of sustain.
gtone Posted March 8, 2013 Author Posted March 8, 2013 currypowder to the rescue with the offer of a beautiful late-model Firebird 'burst in a deal that was too hard to turn down (that and I was weak in the knees!).Tweed Deluxe is now winging its way "home" to the good ole US of A as this is written. Hope currypowder enjoys it as much as I did!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.