carfish7 Posted August 2, 2015 Posted August 2, 2015 Whadda ya got? I'm leaning anti-Floyd again and would love a good LP style or better yet a F scale 2 hum set-neck machine (Mirage or Superpro or?). A Salmon Blush Sunburst Archtop would be a home run, skinny neck and all. A wrap tail, tobacco-burst Studio or anything green and flamey would also get my attention instantly. The only thing I'm not a fan of is most of the '59 'bursts out there, but I'm open. Here's mine:
carfish7 Posted August 2, 2015 Author Posted August 2, 2015 Not particularly, no. Nice and medium. I'm 1/2 drunk right now and will probably change my mind soon, but I have been in my studio all day and am SURROUNDED by Superstrats. Rosewood/Ebony 'boarded Superstrats EVERYWHERE! Oh, and a Tele. Yippee. My Ibanez Artist and Burny REX800 both have low-output pickups and try real hard to sound like warm, fatter single-coils. Where's the beef?!? I would like to have something warmer/fatter sounding. A 335 variant? Edwards Schenker V??? I need another beer.........
carfish7 Posted September 16, 2015 Author Posted September 16, 2015 Well, I have sobered up and still am open to trading this fine piece of Hamer history for another bit of same.
somecafone Posted September 18, 2015 Posted September 18, 2015 Those were mahogany, IIRC.How's the fret wear?Thx!
carfish7 Posted September 18, 2015 Author Posted September 18, 2015 Yes, Mahogany with a 3-piece maple neck. Fretwear is very minimal.
carfish7 Posted January 16, 2016 Author Posted January 16, 2016 Still longing for something with a bit more ass to it bump...........
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.