GusS Posted Wednesday at 05:18 PM Posted Wednesday at 05:18 PM (edited) Hey y'all, Long time! I haven't shipped anything cross-border in quite a while and I intend to part with a few cool vintage Hamers. Any recent recent experiences with cross-border shipments, specifically Canada -> USA? Any extra forms to fill beside the standard description and declared value? Any BS related to tariffs, declared values, cites etc to be aware of? Thanks Edited Wednesday at 05:19 PM by GusS Error in title 3 Quote
mrjamiam Posted Wednesday at 10:22 PM Posted Wednesday at 10:22 PM I bought a USA Hamer from a shop in Ottowa earlier this year, shipped to the southern US. The experience was no different from dealing with a shop within the US. It was nothin' fancy, no exotic woods, so that stuff never crossed my mind and wasn't raised by the shop, which handled any paperwork involved. Quote
RobB Posted Wednesday at 10:32 PM Posted Wednesday at 10:32 PM I purchased a Tokai from a Canadian shop. I paid California sales tax, shipping and (get THIS) Japanese tarriff. I don’t know the policy concerning import of USA items back to America. Quote
gtone Posted Wednesday at 10:53 PM Posted Wednesday at 10:53 PM I got a mailbox service across the line in MT, get my US purchases sent there and declare them as I re-enter Canada, typically on the same day. Haven't paid any tariffs yet, but I do have reasonable duty and/or sales tax charges that don't add up to much and cuts out the legal pirate trade (aka customs brokers). Should have done this yrs ago as it opens up a lot more gear purchasing opportunities that otherwise sellers would avoid or be leary of. Quote
GusS Posted Thursday at 07:54 PM Author Posted Thursday at 07:54 PM Thank you for your replies! Quote
WiskiTangoFoxtrot Posted Thursday at 08:01 PM Posted Thursday at 08:01 PM 21 hours ago, RobB said: I purchased a Tokai from a Canadian shop. I paid California sales tax, shipping and (get THIS) Japanese tarriff. I don’t know the policy concerning import of USA items back to America. That’s because the Tokai was made in Japan and hadn’t been imported into the US prior. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.