Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey y'all,

Long time! I haven't shipped anything cross-border in quite a while and I intend to part with a few cool vintage Hamers.

Any recent recent experiences with cross-border shipments, specifically Canada -> USA? Any extra forms to fill beside the standard description and declared value? Any BS related to tariffs, declared values, cites etc to be aware of?

Thanks

Edited by GusS
Error in title
  • Like 3
  • GusS changed the title to Any post-2024 experiences with Canada/US cross-border shipping?
Posted

I bought a USA Hamer from a shop in Ottowa earlier this year, shipped to the southern US.  The experience was no different from dealing with a shop within the US.  It was nothin' fancy, no exotic woods, so that stuff never crossed my mind and wasn't raised by the shop, which handled any paperwork involved.

Posted

I purchased a Tokai from a Canadian shop. I paid California sales tax, shipping and (get THIS) Japanese tarriff. I don’t know the policy concerning import of USA items back to America. 

Posted

I got a mailbox service across the line in MT, get my US purchases sent there and declare them as I re-enter Canada, typically on the same day.  Haven't paid any tariffs yet, but I do have reasonable duty and/or sales tax charges that don't add up to much and cuts out the legal pirate trade (aka customs brokers).

Should have done this yrs ago as it opens up a lot more gear purchasing opportunities that otherwise sellers would avoid or be leary of.

Posted
21 hours ago, RobB said:

I purchased a Tokai from a Canadian shop. I paid California sales tax, shipping and (get THIS) Japanese tarriff. I don’t know the policy concerning import of USA items back to America. 

That’s because the Tokai was made in Japan and hadn’t been imported into the US prior. 

  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...