Hamer Fan Club Message Center

EXTREME custom SS2 FS/Trade

In my constant gear rotation, here's one that I just never get around to playing, but have kept it because it's just so damned cool...

1987 SS2 Custom Custom Custom, etc. Black/charcoal metalflake finish (matching headstock), multi-ply binding on neck and headstock, three SINGLE COIL sized OBLs controlled by four mini switches (one for each pickup and a blower switch IIRC), Floyd, 1st fret crown inlay and custom 12th fret crown inlay. Neck also has a more blended heel and a wider neck than most SS2s, clearly a totally custom order instrument. Finish has/had some flaking issues, particularly on the back of the neck-mostly the clearcoat (NOT at the heel-that's gloss in the photo), but it's a smoking cool guitar. I have the cover for the back square cavity, it just isnt' in the photo. I also have a photo of this one when it was being built in the factory taken by a former employee who photographed some of the more memorable customs (including the first two Virts) while he worked there.

Would consider trades for the right guitar, but am not really looking or interested in anything off the Hamer regular production line unless it was an older custom job or 12 string guitar. Looking for a decent Les Paul, but would consider some older Fender stuff (some 70s stuff or a Jazzmaster), MAYBE a Rick 660/12 or another cool 12 string. Selling price/offers should be enough to get me something in that range.

I don't know-I've got that restless feeling and am looking for new gear to mess with and I haven't given this one the attention it deserves. If nothing happens with it, I'll gladly hold on to it until this itch passes-I've never seen another one with these features!

008_4A.jpg

020_005.jpg

009_5A.jpg

010_6A.jpg

Archived