Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

snake oil strings


Recommended Posts

Posted
+1 for the DR s

I also like the SIT strings that came on my Reverend

Anyone ever try the $28 a set Pyramid strings?

Hopefully they last at least 4x as long as regular strings, since they cost that much more!

I use them, but I only pay $11.25 a set. (www.juststrings.com)

They do last longer than most strings, but I use them because they sound and feel appreciably better than any other string I've tried. Slightly better than DR, IMO.

And I like the cool silk wrap on the ball ends.

Posted

The SOS's are really great. Dean is a good guy and his knowledge of strings is very impressive. Of course none of this means anything if the sound and longevity arn't there. So far, so good. Pure nickle, good.

Posted

+1 for DR PURE BLUES. They are not the same as TITE FITS and are not even close.

I get 4-6 weeks out of each set of the DR Pure Blues. I was a D'Addario user for 20+ years and towards the end they were lasting me no more than a week. I tried several other brands and settled on the DR Pure Blues a couple of years ago.

Guest galejt
Posted

+9 for DR Pure Bues as well (now we're even again)

Moving all my guitars to these now.

Edited to add: Greg DIDN'T tell me to say that.

Posted

All I know is the Tite Fits sucked,and I'll never buy them again, in fact if they were free I would not use them. Maybe I'll try the Pure Blues or even the Dimebag signature strings, but then again, if the Tite Fits suck...

Posted
Pure Blues strings, my friend.

http://www.drstrings.com/pureblues1.htm

The Tite Fits are conventional nickel plated steel over a hex core.

BIG difference to my ear and hands.

DR claims the Tite Fit are nickel over a round core and I found them much better than the GHS Boomers and similar to D'Addarios. I do like the Tite Fit and they last a long time for me and sound and feel very good. That said.....I haven't tried the Pure Blues.

The SOS strings really have me spoiled though and it is difficult to try anything else at this point. :blink:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...