tobereeno Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 I just got a bunch in the mail and after living with them a couple days, I am seriously impressed. they sound dramatically different than anything I've ever tried. it really hit home this evening when we were laying some scratch tracks for a new song - in playback my lead tone was sweeter (for want of a better word). My guitar seems to sustain and resonate more, and harmonics pop out easier, all while the overall tone seems mellower yet clearer. I like!!
bobbymack Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Yeah, I like them too. Some might find them a tad on the dark side, but I feel they give a richer tone. Last a long time too!
hardheartedbill Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 I've got a set of Rock and a set of Original Nickel ( thanks Santa! LOL ), I guess I'm going original N on the sprucerpro and rock on the LP , but my strings are all freshish so I'll wait till next week
JJ Paul Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Very happy camper right here.Rock formulas brighten up my Hubers, Vintage Nickels smooth out the single coils.ANDthey really last quite awhileANDthey "tune up" quite fast.
edgar_allan_poe Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Another happy customer here...I really like these strings. I have been using the one set (Vintage) for over a month now and they still feel brand new. Everything about these strings is superior to anything I have used. They are winners.
BadgerDave Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Have any Snake Oil users compared them to Pyramids?I've progressed from Ernie Ball to Thomastik-Infeld to DR to Pyramid and I'm extremely happy with the Pyramids. Where would I find a set of Snake Oils?Thanks.
Mr Fuzzy Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Where Can you get these strings?I have heard glowing reviews, but I can't find them anywhere.What is the deal?
bobbymack Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Email orders only to Dean Farley at LeoMuser@aol.comThey are $8.50/set plus shipping.
Phloored Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 I love the strings too. order them direct from LeoMuser@aol.comthere is no website yet but there will be I'm told.
HamerHokie Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Another happy customer here...I really like these strings. I have been using the one set (Vintage) for over a month now and they still feel brand new. Everything about these strings is superior to anything I have used. They are winners. Do they break? That to me is the test of long-lasting strings. If they break after two gigs they aren't of much use.
tobereeno Posted March 9, 2005 Author Posted March 9, 2005 Dean will replace a string if you break one, hard to beat that policy!
edgar_allan_poe Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Do they break? That to me is the test of long-lasting strings. If they break after two gigs they aren't of much use.I have never had one break...but I am the wrong guy to ask. I never break strings. I have a really light picking touch and I rarely dig in...
tombo Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Badger Dave,I like Pyramids too! I use them on both my Andersons. FWIW, I found out from the John Mayer Fan Club (that I frequent whenever I can) that John Mayer is switching from D'Addario over to Pyramids. I've got a brand new Pyramid Strings t-shirt signed by John Mayer that I've saved for you Dave. :-)Sling it right back at me. I'm just messin' with ya.
GuitarDoyle Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 I love the Snake Oils strings. I have the Vintage sets but since I player heavier rock I ordered some Rock Formulas.
pesocaster Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 is there a website? .... whats the deal? coated string? ... are these Snake Oils spendy?
Epitheton Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 If you want weeks worth of posts on these strings, check out The Gear Page(http://www.thegearpage.net/board/) with the subject " These Strings are Great".They are pure nickel from what i've read, no coating if i remember well
bach Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I bought two sets. I put one set on my Monaco Elite and the other on my Start. Dean was great to deal with. I liked the tone of the strings and they played great, but noticed that the wound strings developed nasty humps over the frets after about a week. No biggie tho...Back to DRs.
BCR Greg Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Another DR fan here. Pure nickel over round cores, great tone and long life for me. They're all I will use (except for the Floyd guitars getting Dean Markley Blue Steels).
GuitarDoyle Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Another DR fan here. Pure nickel over round cores, great tone and long life for me. They're all I will use (except for the Floyd guitars getting Dean Markley Blue Steels). I think that is the Tite Fit, right Greg? I love those strings but I have become a Snake Oil String junky. These strings just add depth to my tone - I noticed right away that things just sounded more rich and full. Plus, these SOS last forever......well so far. I've had em on for two months and going strong.These really do last a lot longer than my DR Tite Fits.
BCR Greg Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Pure Blues strings, my friend. http://www.drstrings.com/pureblues1.htmThe Tite Fits are conventional nickel plated steel over a hex core.BIG difference to my ear and hands.
Scottcrud Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I bought two sets of the DR Tite fits 11-49 or 50...junk, those are the worst strings I've ever used, I guess if I were touring and changing strings every night they might be good, but after three days they were dead, and would not stay in tune at all, both sets. So I'm back to the tried and true Daddario 11-49's Xl 110's I belive, those strings stay in tune for at least two months and don't die. I don't break strings and don't sweat much so I don't change them to often ( about every other month) and they've held up to my whammy bar antics etc.
DavidE Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 I just ordered 2 sets of snake oils. If they last as people say, they'll be worth it to me.
Citrus Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 +1 for the DR sI also like the SIT strings that came on my ReverendAnyone ever try the $28 a set Pyramid strings?Hopefully they last at least 4x as long as regular strings, since they cost that much more!
Scottcrud Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 -10 for DR. I just got off the phone with Dean, and ordered two sets of the MAN+ 11-50 strings. They're more expensive than the Daddarios but, I'll give them a shot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.