SteveE9C6 Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 The older SATF I've just bought has quite a bit of wear on the gold hardware. I'm thinking I'll replace all the hardware. The stock covered "Duncan Designed" pups actually sound pretty good but since I'm replacing tarnished hardware, I might drop something else in here. I note that Stew Mac has some fairly good prices on replacement stop tails and bridges. I haven't measured yet but I'm assuming the hardware is pretty standard size.. ie, LP replacement parts.I'm open for ideas, suggestions. I like to tinker so this will be fun. Tonight I'm going to restring this and do a setup. The intonation is out a little but that is an easy fix.
serial Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 Be careful with that assumption. The import stuff often uses different measurements-not sure if that's the case with these before ordering.
jplynn Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 You will want to check the string measurement (from the saddle slot on the 6th string to the slot on the 1st string.) Usually will wither be 2" or 2 1/16th. It will make a bit of difference.Also I've had pretty good luck with All Parts for good quality replacement parts.
mrhappy Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 As Serial said.... however it you're going to wing it, I'd vote for the 4502 bridge and the 5740 stop.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.