Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Cleaning a scratchy 5-way rotary switch on my Phantom Custom

JimHalinda

Question

Hi Guys,

So I bought some contact cleaner for the scratchy 5-way rotary switch on my Phantom Custom.

Took off the access panel and... holy crap! Where do I spray on that thing? Do I have to remove it? I can't see anywhere to put the nozzle of the spray can.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

JiPhantomRotary.thumb.JPG.7789acfe8a5fa86aa493a1a3a5400218.JPGm

3 answers to this question

Open Frame Rotary Switch

Looking at this picture here it would be all the metal contacts that stick up between the two lower tan phenolic pieces.

Your switch is a little different so it would be all the metal contacts between the upper piece of phenolic and the middle piece of phenolic and all the metal contacts between the lower piece of phenolic and the middle piece of phenolic.

On 10/13/2017 at 2:49 PM, HAMERMAN said:

Open Frame Rotary Switch

Looking at this picture here it would be all the metal contacts that stick up between the two lower tan phenolic pieces.

Your switch is a little different so it would be all the metal contacts between the upper piece of phenolic and the middle piece of phenolic and all the metal contacts between the lower piece of phenolic and the middle piece of phenolic.

This ^^^^^^

And use this:

https://www.markertek.com/product/g5s-6/caig-laboratories-pro-gold-cleaning-formula-5-ounce-spray

Archived