Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NOW I CAN OFFICIALLY SAY IT!

bubs_42

I feel I can be very honest, on Friday after playing it, I got to work just adjusting pickups and listing to the guitar with my rig. Playing and getting to know it, but I did not see it being a possible "do it all guitar". But what ever the combination of things that I did, and everything Mike and Josh had already done, its perfect. It has enough bite, enough push and enough growl to get the job done. If someone ordered one with humbuckers and a good split it would smooth out that single and be even more versatile. 

We all plug these guitars, and push them on our friends but for good reason, they are fantastic instruments and Team Shishkov makes them all special. It is a special time to be ordering a Shishkov. 

Oh and someone asked me to described the neck shape. I was no help to @Northfield when he asked me what I liked. I've owned so many guitars with so many neck shapes that I can get along with anything but a narrow nut. I believed I gave him a few guitars that I like the neck shapes of and then said something like " I like a good full neck, but not something so big it paints me into a corner". Your not going to hold pickup #70 and go "Oh thats a 59 Carve" or a "60's Carve". Its round, its smooth and the taper is like long vase and the transition is seamlessly natural. Unlike some of the thinner necks out there you don't feel the need to hold the neck when you play its just there doing it job by letting you play. 

Archived