Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My Sweet Hamer Sold...


Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't know if it's just mine, but my Duotone is fairly dark. Not nearly as bright as my special with stock pups. It does have a reasonable amount of "crunch". FWIW my special has better metal tone than my 87 chap. My duotone willl do the fade to black sound with the tone maxed. The only thing I don't care for on my duotone (and its probably my fav guitar) is the action height. For the I IV V thing it is a great great guitar. For fast changes higher on the neck, not so good. I would also prefer a larger toggle switch for switching between piezo and mag pups. Anyone replaced the tiny switch with a regular switchcraft toggle?

Posted
I don't know if it's just mine, but my Duotone is  fairly dark.  Not nearly as bright as my special with stock pups.  It does have a reasonable amount of "crunch".

The only thing I don't care for on  my duotone (and its probably my fav guitar) is the action height.

yep. the spruce top and wooden bridge "round" off the highs.

i thought by description that my old 25th annv would be the tone i was searching for, but it was still a little bright for me. i got the duotone for acoustic gigs, but the surprise was the warm round jazzy electric tone. the phatcats i slapped in was the final link, a little more bright but still ballsy.

the action's good for me, any lower and the tone suffers. you may want to tweak your truss rod, ymmv.

hamers2.jpg

ps- i miss my black kitty, r.i.p. hobs

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...