Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Help Identifying Aftermarket Neck

chromium

Question

I just picked up a Charvel partscaster.  Body and neckplate clearly looked to be from a model series, and I was speculating that the neck might be Musikraft... but having just pulled it apart, there are no markings.  I don't have any experience with aftermarket necks, and wondered if any of you might recognize who made this one?

The build and fretwork on it look and feel nice.  Looks like a dual acting truss rod(?), but that's all I know.

Here are some pics - hopefully these will help...

Thanks!

5hyCnbg.jpg

LQCTCjy.jpg

2xL3L9a.jpg

6cXWc9M.jpg

Xkl8QdK.jpg

cUPgMPI.jpg

4 answers to this question

Definitely looks like Musikraft to me.  I've got about 15 of them here and there.

Thanks, Chris. 

Haven't owned any of their products before, but I've been scoping out a similar build as to what I picked up using a Musikraft body/neck. It plays nice! Great fretwork. This one is flat oval profile, but still has some meat to it... and looks like a 14" radius. Quite a bit different from anything else I have.

Quality of the refin is a bit meh - but I may eventually end up stripping it down in favor of a lime green metallic.  Body and plate look to be from a Model 2, as does the (incorrect) headstock logo.

Still, sum of the whole cost me much less than the parts...

JtmEByu.jpg

I dig that color, but if you're going all out...CHARTREUSE METALFLAKE!!!

ChartreuseFlakeStrat61014_zpsc4104f3c.jpg

^ Thats awesome.  Done some solids/metallics before, but I'd definitely leave the metalflake and candys to the pros.

Been needing some green in my life, and so at least surf green still qualifies :)

Archived