Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Vector Korina string plate gold

Disturber

Question

Who made the gold string plates on the Korina Vectors? Are there replacement plates available for purchase anywhere? 

Anyone know what the plates are made of? Gold plated nickel or brass?

Is there a standard for the design on these, the shape and the hole placement - as in, would a Gibson string plate fit on a Hamer Vector for instance?

3 answers to this question

On 1/12/2022 at 1:58 AM, Disturber said:

Who made the gold string plates on the Korina Vectors? Are there replacement plates available for purchase anywhere? 

Anyone know what the plates are made of? Gold plated nickel or brass?

Is there a standard for the design on these, the shape and the hole placement - as in, would a Gibson string plate fit on a Hamer Vector for instance?

I believe they are plated brass... are you building a replica?.. if you're not in a hurry, I'll be changing out pickups in mine fairly soon & can trace with hole layout & mail/email it to you

1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said:

I believe they are plated brass... are you building a replica?.. if you're not in a hurry, I'll be changing out pickups in mine fairly soon & can trace with hole layout & mail/email it to you

Thanks! But I think the one on mine has been polished or something. It could have more gold sheen to it. I was thinking I might get it re-plated. But it was like 200 dollars to get that done. So I was just curious to if there was an easy way to find a new replacement. No worries. It works as is and looks good.

Ah ok... due to the string spacing & material questions, I was wondering if you already had one... I also reached out to Dave at "Frets on the net" & he he doesn't have any available... good to know you already have one

Archived