Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

BadgerDave

Members
  • Posts

    4,896
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

Everything posted by BadgerDave

  1. If that's true, then: John Mayer = suckage light
  2. Quick clarification on the TonePros modification: You need the narrow post TOM style bridge and metric posts for the tailpiece studs. I never use the TonePros supplied bridge posts, but I seem to recall that metric bridge posts will not fit the Hamer bridge ferrules. The bridge supplied with the TonePros metric set will, however, fit perfectly on the stock Hamer bridge posts. Good info and insight re: testing pickups through a Mesa boogie amp. That makes sense.
  3. Mike, I think your comments are spot on. See my post titled "not for the squeamish" for my solution to the Monaco pickup issue. I couldn't agree more about the inappropriateness of the Duncan Custom and Custom-Custom stock pickups on this guitar. They may work on a shredder, but are just wrong on the Monaco. My solution is a set of Harmonic Design Classics. I also installed a TonePros bridge and locking studs and replaced the tailpiece with a lightweight aluminum one. Oh, one more mod - the metal tuning buttons have been replaced with lighter ebony versions. As for the Jr., mine sports a VooDoo P-90 and a pigtail stopbar. I don't necessarily hate Duncan pickups, though most of his "hot" models sound harsh and unfocused to me. On the other hand, I have Seths and '59s in a couple of guitars and they sound great.
×
×
  • Create New...